Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22.5 degree cuts?

http://www.amanatool.com/bits-fv/rc1045.html

RC-1045 looks to be what I need.

thanks everyone!

I would listen to Steve-He didn't like the Amana insert and he is highly skilled.
    I would listen to Joe-The Whiteside worked well and he is highly skilled.
    I checked my cabinet after work-It's the Whiteside I used, and not an Amana.
    If you buy a bunch of Whitesides from Ballew Tool you get a discount. Good customer service and usually same day shipping.

I listen, really I do. And I buy Whiteside almost exclusively. But I do not see a Whiteside bit that does what I need, and I need this job completed in a timely manner. So I will start with the Amana and see if it does the small quantity I need in the short term. Expensive, yes, I hope it works.

at the time the insert was all I could find.

If you are crafty you can put that angle on your material with just an end mill, and creative toolpathing & offsetting vectors. It won't be a smooth as an angled bit, but a few swipes with sandpaper or a scraper and you're there. So if the Amana insert doesn't work out - you have an alternative.

Please report back and let us know how that bit works for you. I have a few of the larger angle Amana insert bits & they are awesome.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

this job does not even require a cnc router (gasp blasphemy) just cut the angle on a block of material on the tablesaw then double side tape or clamp or nail the part to the block and run it through the tablesaw.

Quote Originally Posted by knight_toolworks View Post
    this job does not even require a cnc router (gasp blasphemy) just cut the angle on a block of material on the tablesaw then double side tape or clamp or nail the part to the block and run it through the tablesaw.
    If my part was small enough, I'd do it on my tablesaw like all the other angles I make. But this is a 60" by 30" piece of 2-sided melamine and the section with the 22.5 degree cut is at 75 degrees from the only straight side I have. Too many issues for me to expect myself to do it properly on the tablesaw. At least I get to try something new, right?