Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Palumbo, Camp ShopBotter extrodinaire, hands over Head-Counselor responsibilties

Hybrid View

Default Bill Palumbo, Camp ShopBotter extrodinaire, hands over Head-Counselor responsibilties

Bill Palumbo has been there at Camp ShopBots since the very first one and has provided the guiding hand in establishing this great ShopBot institution -- in the process he has helped thousands of ShopBotters become more productive. While coordinating, cultivating, and curating “Camps” and camp activities he has shared his CNC expertise and experience with ShopBotters around the country and offered friendly encouragement to all just getting started. There's an amazing number of us who owe our own use of vacuum hold-down techniques to Bill’s “vacuum evangelism”, and, who have also been inspired by Bill's promotion of 3D carving and machining with a ShopBot. Many, many, thanks Bill … and we look forward to seeing your future ShopBot projects at East and West Coast Camps.

Meanwhile, Randy Johnson is picking up the Head-Counselor torch. Randy will be organizing Camp ShopBots as well as training and educational events around the Camps. If you have requests, thoughts, or suggestions, you can contact Randy through this form at www.shopbottools.com. And, keep tuned for new “Camping” events on the schedule .

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
    Last edited by Nancy; 10-29-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: fix URL link

I, for one, would like to thank Bill Palumbo for his tutelage with all things ShopBot and his always enjoyable ShopBot Camps. I wish you the very best, Bill. Like Ted, I can't wait to see some of the amazing projects you have yet to make.

Moving forward, I think we're all in capable hands with Randy Johnson grabbing the torch where Bill has left off. My wife, and I, had the pleasure of meeting Randy at the most recent camp we attended. While his focus may be in some different areas than Bill, I'm sure he'll teach us all some new things and keep the ShopBot Camps as enjoyable to attend as they ever were.

Cheers!
    Eric Erickson
    Shopbot BT48 Buddy

Well "Doc", you have had a good paddle, I can remember when you were pushing to get the "shopbot camps" started.
    It is my hope that this didn't hit you in the rear, when one life ends start another. I know you probably have a lot of strings hanging that you just can't wait to start on.
    A tip of the toddy to your new ventures Bill.

It's not an easy task to be a teacher and listen to the same 'dumb' questions time after time. It's even harder when some of your students can't even spell CNC let alone run one! I have attended many camps put on by the 'Bot' gang headed up by Bill, all were very informative and really entertaining. I have had my 'Bot' for a while and I learn something new from every event. Thank you Ted for hosting the camps and picking such a wonderful partner to help bring the Bot to the masses. Mostly Bill thank you for your patience and your wealth of knowledge. I have enjoyed being with you as my teacher and I regard you as a personal friend now. Thank you very much! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

There probably not one of us who hasn't learned a nugget or two from Bill over time. I'm just wondering if he is going to bestow his hat to the next "Wizard" who is taking his place?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Wow, I'm shocked. Bill had talked to me about future plans for retirement but he indicated that they were still in the future.
    Bill; I wish you all the best in the next chapter of your life, and as always, my door is open to you. Bring your boat on down when it's done and lets do some sailing. Or better yet, bring it down before it's done and let's polish it off here. The nice thing about sailing is what you see is what you get and the surprises from the sea are simply what they are.

Let me say I've never met a more cordial, friendly person as Bill P. Knowing and working with him was always a pleasure.

I've seen Bill working his magic at several camps and everyone comes away feeling they've made a good friend. This fellow is special with respect to knowledge but that's only part of his key to success. He has the ability to organize the worst shop in the world and pull off a great Shopbot Camp. There are few people who could do what he was capable of doing. I know we'll be seeing more of Bill in the future.

Best wishes to you.

Your friend,

Joe Crumley

I just wonder when the free support will go away. I was just telling someone the other day how good ShopBot was that they would still support shopbotters that had bought used ShopBot that maybe on the third owner and they would still help you. To bad to see Bill go, I missed the last camp now I am real sorry I did.

Bill, I hope thing work out for you.
    Ron Moorehead
    R&S Design
    ShopBot PRS Aphla 48 by 96
    Laserpro Explorer 30 watt
    Universal Laser 50 watt
    3D printer

Thumbs up ShopBot Family

Owning a ShopBot and being a part of the forum was like joining a large extended family. Going to the Camps was like a family reunion. The information that I gleaned from Bill during the camps has been extremely valuable to my business. During the last camp in the northwest I met Randy, and was impressed with his knowledge of the ShopBot and CNC in general. Randy's knowledge seems to be more academic in nature whereas Bill's knowledge is of a more practical experience. Bill's wisdom comes from years of trial and error plus observation of how others have tackled the many problems of using a CNC. I would go with wisdom over knowledge any day.

Bill, I hope to hear good things from you in the future. My Wife, Daughter and I have enjoyed talking with you at the NW camps. We will miss you greatly.

Good luck in the future Dave Chase and Family.

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

I am sorry to hear you are not part of the camps. I will miss your visits you are a prince of a guy. I hope that some day our paths will cross again my friend.

I think a good venture for you might be holding some training camps rather than the focus being on Shopbot future sales, focus on holding training camps with your wealth of knowledge. I am sure you have a list of us Camp Shopbotter's I think there is a need and you are welcome at my shop to hold such sessions.

Mike
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC