Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prox switch issue - frustrated

When you ground the unit you need to make sure your connections are "linear" and not creating a loop. That will defeat the purpose. We are speaking of grounding the machine here and not hooking up the grounds when you wire the control box.

90% of the time the issue that you are describing comes from loose/nicked wire or grounding problems.

On the control box end: Those tiny wires going into the wire connectors at the control box can often be the problem even though you don't think so. Particularly the grounding ones where you often have to tie a few together.

Thanks for the replies guys. As usual Shopbot support are very quick with their replies too. I'll troubleshoot today and report back tonight.

Andrew

Well machine was all grounded today and I got all excited when I air cut 5 files with only one "limit switch hit" error. Still working on this but it is an improvement.

Since SB recommend you ground the machine as per the wiki, they really should include a grounding kit with the machine and instructions to do so when you are initially setting the machine up.

regards,

Andrew