Thread: Non-contact infrared thermometers...

Default Non-contact infrared thermometers...

Amazon has a great deal. I paid more for mine, but this is a good unit. I use mine a lot more than I thought. I can check temps of stepping motors easily. They are very useful in kitchen too. Not sure why they are discounting them.... I am guessing they got new product arriving soon.

Nubee® Temperature Gun Non-contact Infrared Thermometer w/ Laser Sight U.S. FDA/FCC/CE/ROHS

List Price: $59.99
    Price: $18.88
    Sale: $14.45

I have a really nice one of those from DeWalt. Cost me around $100. I just bought two of these $15 units. I'll stash one in the kitchen and another in the glove box. For $15 (and good reviews on Amazon), I find it hard to pass on this one.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

let us know how the cheapie compares to the high dollar one. I got mine to test the sensors on solar panels to figure out wheather I was heating the panel or getting heat from the panel. Mine works fine for what it is. from what I can tell... the larger size the beam is in the target area the better... or one foot away.

I bought a Ryobi on at Home depot, its amazing how many uses I find for it I bought it for solar panels and have used it to find all kinds of heat leaks at the house and hot spots on machinery.

FYI - They also have one with a wider range, -58f - 1022f, with the same specs for $3 more. It can be found HERE.
    Ron Sloan

Been thinking about one of these for checking spindle temp - want to know temp after warm up so I may gauge whether I need to run another warm up routine if I've left machine idling too long. Thanks for heads - up.

Now, if someone would make one in SB Blue....

my spindle gets to 84 degrees... temperature controlled shop at 68 degrees... today with the TV on football and stereo on mute. What I am trying to say is these temps may be different depending on shop. My setup may not be accurate for anyone elses... I usually re-warmup spindle if I am not actively changing bits.... If I let it sit for whatever reason longer than time to change a bit... I run warm-up routine again. not sure why... just what I do