Thread: Windows 8

Default Windows 8

Looking at this video made me realise why many of us have problems with computers. The guy is an expert but got lost a few times. What really got me was the stupidity of Windows. You get your updates then you instantly go and look for updates for the updates! Daft!! Then if you add a driver from somewhere else you again check with Windows because it could effect something else. This never used to happen with the Commodore 64 or Atari! Have we moved forward??!

http://youtu.be/tzI8xh5XXnw
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Bob, that's why so many have turned to Apple computers.

Unfortunately most program's are written for Windows. I do a lot with computers in the sim business and it sends me around the bend regularly. Incompatibility between hardware and software are far too common and frustrating and getting worse. And once you find the right combination and feel good about it the hardware manufacturers change the product specs 6 months later.

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Interesting that peoples ideas are so opposite of what they were when personal computers first started.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

Smile computers have never been better.

I started soldering together my first $3k computer kit in 1977. They were slow, unreliable and very expensive. I paid another $3k for a printer, $1500 for a plotter then had to hire an assembly programer to write a driver just to get the printer working with CPM. Serial ports never worked, I spent hours experimenting just to get serial communications to function. My first hard drive was 5 megabytes and cost $2k that was so much space that I thought it would never get full. Wordstar was only 30k in size and most of my documents were only a couple of pages long.

Things are now way better. You have systems a million times more powerful at a tenth the cost. Multi terabyte drives are cheap. Plug in a USB and it loads the driver and starts working.

is my age showing?