Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool experience recommendation

Default Tool experience recommendation

I need to get one of these:

PORTER-CABLE PCE605K52 3-Amp Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit with 52 Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9TE06M/...d_p=1649092722

and since this looks like it's on sale i wondered if anyone else owned one and had anything good or bad to say about it?
    Is that a good price?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Jack,

I own a dremel version and I love it, great for tight spots.

Great for renovations.

Nothing bad to say about it except for the blade comes loose every once in a while.

Canadian tire version is poo, but I don't think that will matter to you.

For a man like you who has a lot of tools, if you don't have this one, it is a must.
    (In my opinion)

That is a good price from where I come from. Usually around a hundred for a decent one here.
    Rik

Jack this is a must have tool. I have one and I use it on almost every job. cutting out the tabs sanding in hard to get places cutting off base board in bathroom so I could put in tile. many uses
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Well i have a couple jobs coming up that this will help me on. I just ordered it from Amazon. Besides i subscribe to the belief that...
    "The one who dies with the most tools wins!"
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Jack, Had one of the original Feins. Liked how it was developed to cut plaster casts off people. With the saw attachment they had it would not cut skin or any flexible surface(yes I checked). It left a kerf about the same as the veritas flush trim saw and used it on teak a lot. EXCELLENT at grout removal and used the Diamond saw to remove a couple of bolts,worked great.They had a finger sander attatchment that I thought was going to be the most useful feature but it left swirl marks for me. I wish I hadn't sold mine. Have fun.
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Default Saw

Have that exact one at the at the school shop and works well. Even with the students using it. I don't know about other brand release system but this one works well. The "cheaper one that I have seen you have an bolt the blade to change it out".

They work very well for removing ceramic tile on floors or walls. or cutting bottom of a door frame to allow for new flooring. I always take the door out and re-shim... butt I have seen it done. Very good and useful tool.

Harbor Freight $19.95 fixed speed $39.95 variable speed I do lots of plywood and use it almost daily for cutting the tabs. The scraper also works good on really stuck on two sided tape. Russ

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...tool-67537.htm
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Russ-If you ever bought one of the better ones you would toss the Harbor Freight in the garbage. Although I do use some of their stuff, in this case the better quality ones have much less vibration on your hand when in use.
    The Fein is also quick release and you can run it for hours without the motor burning up, unlike some of the less expensive ones that will burn out after more than a few minutes constant running and the warrenty won't cover that.

Default saw

Dave,
    You so got about that.. My son bought the harbor freight one for me a couple years ago for Christmas. I really used it a lot and still use it. When I was looking for one for the school I could not budget that much $ for the Fein but I could get the P/C one it also has the quick release and it is soo much better to use. Saving up for the fein for the house