Please feel free to use the idea. After all that is the reason for sharing it here.

However, some things that I learned and that may help you..
- if you cut the ball channels directly into the wood it must be hard and internally void free.
- what I did not show in the pics, the channel in the opposite wall of the cabinet is adjustable. I cut an about 2" wide and 3/8" deep recess into the wall and made a plywood inset to fit that has the actual ball channel. I can adjust the pre-load of the slides with 1/4" grub screws. The threads for the grub screws are tapped directly into the bamboo wall because it is hard enough for that. I am not sure if that adjustment is strictly necessary but I was not sure if I could assemble the box with the required precision.
- the balls are 1/2" diameter and I cut the channels 0.225" deep. That results in a theoretical 0.05" gap between the drawers and the wall. If I had to do it again I would leave a little more space.
- you can get the steel balls cheap at VXB
- the channel of the drawers goes along the entire length. The channel in the wall starts at the front but can (and should) be shorter (half the drawer motion plus the length of the balls in a row)