Thread: Harley Davidson Stuff

Default Harley Davidson Stuff

I thought I remembered reading a post or two that had some harley davidson logos attached, but I cannot find them.

If anyone has any Harley files that they would like to sell or share, please contact me

David

Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Try brandsoftheworld.com

They have many Harley graphics - most are in vector format.
    Harold

Let me DROP EVERYTHING and work on YOUR job!!

Thanks Guys,

I have found tons of Harley Stuff!

Crash5050

David- good to see your posts! How is it going after a years use?

D&B
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

Haven't had the time to use it. It is essentially a block of Iron in the shop right now.

David

Hey Guys. I have some Harley vector art. Be careful with what you make with Harley logos. They take copyright issue VERY serious. You can create stuff for your self but not to resell. They have Harley on just about everything so it is hard to find a product that Harley doesn't sell such as clocks, desk stuff etc. I made a Harley clock for a children's charity auction and it went for over $400. Bikers love their Harley stuff...lol I prefer a Honda VLX or Yamaha Vstar myself.
    I won't post the artwork I have but if you email me I am happy to send them to you. Including the clock design I made.

There is some kind of legality similar to "fair use" or "artistic license" where you can make and sell copyrighted works so long as they are unique and not mass produced ,, At least I do recall reading that somewhere.
    Everyone knows Harley, sports teams, Disney ect are anal about copyright issues, and rightly so, but its more the operations cranking out 1,000's of Tshirts, mouse pads, hoodies ect that they go after, rather than some guy that carved a unique design or two out of wood or whatever medium is used. Or, if I tried to exactly duplicate and sell a keychain or something they had on the market, that would be clearly illegal.

Some people love to see their logo out there no matter what, so long as it looks nice.
    I work setting up an auto show every year, last year I had some edge lit designs for my carpenter buddies, nice union logo of a bulldog inside a saw blade and our local # on it, sold a few of those ... Anyways, one of the top guys from Chevy asked if I could do a Chevy logo, I said no prob ,,, But wouldn't there be any copyright issues ?
    He said oh, hell no, nothing to worry about there. So I made it and he loved it, sold a few of those too.