Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nasty resonance / rattling - possible assembly error?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
    At the risk of sounding obvious, before doing all the mechanical stuff,
    have you verified that the unit values, speeds and ramp settings are correct?
    In this particular case, I think I'm OK. I'm just doing air cuts, spindle off.

I use Aspire 4.0 to make my toolpaths, use the standard ShopBot arcs postprocessor.

The toolpath is very simple, a 4" square with one corner rounded (about a 1.5" radius).

/Mitch.

Unit values and ramp settings are set in the control software (SB3) and not in your design/toolpath software. Along with the excellent info Brady provided for tweaking your drivers, you may want to make sure that you have the proper settings loaded for your model of ShopBot. This will also load the default unit values and ramp settings. You do this by typing in the command UR and choose to reset/reload the defaults for your tool (PRS_standard and your table size) .
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    Unit values and ramp settings are set in the control software (SB3) and not in your design/toolpath software. Along with the excellent info Brady provided for tweaking your drivers, you may want to make sure that you have the proper settings loaded for your model of ShopBot. This will also load the default unit values and ramp settings. You do this by typing in the command UR and choose to reset/reload the defaults for your tool (PRS_standard and your table size) .
    Ooh, this could be important. Thanks!

I'm obviously new to ShopBot. I installed the software and updated the firmware before I used it. I'm pretty sure I have selected the right model ShopBot, and haven't deviated from the defaults provided. Definitely something to double check.

When I hear "Unit Values" and "Ramp Setting" it just sounds like toolpath stuff :-).

Thanks everyone -- I'm getting there! :-)

/Mitch.

Have you tried changing the speed while cutting to see if that is the problem. You can adjust your speed when your running a file by holding the shift key and hitting the greater than or less then keys IE these keys < >. Listen to the sound while doing that