Thread: eps converter/viewer

Default eps converter/viewer

hello everyone,
    i'm still new to this forum, so I apologize if this is an old topic. I am looking for a way to view eps,ai,dxf,etc. files as thumbnails, either as a viewer or converting, then viewing. I have searched the forums and did a yahoo search, it was all a run around. I tried thumbplus, able viewer, and a host of others listed on the forum search I did. I did notice all of the posts I searched out were from 2009 or before. has anything changed, does such a program exist? thanks for any help.
    brian

Hard to go wrong with a program called MysticThumbs (http://mysticcoder.net/mysticthumbs.html) for most file formats. It lets you view thumbnails in Windows file dialogs and explorer Windows in the same way as Aspire/VCarve files and bitmaps.

It doesn't support DXF yet. The author has told me in the past that if he gets enough requests he will add it.

Depending on how many you've got you could also import them into Aspire/VCarve/Partworks and save them as native files from there. The Vectric thumbnail viewer will then show them.

If DXF is a must then IrfanView has a thumbnail view that works but it's a separate viewer rather than being integrated into Windows.

I've also used ST Thumbnail Explorer (http://www.softfields.com/) which is another standalone viewer that supports all the vectors formats and DXF (with the addition of a plugin). Nice interface but the DXF is tricky to configure.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

IrfanView Thumbnails will work for .eps with the GhostScript plug-in. I use it to preview all the VectorArt 2D images for selection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott

Brava DWG Viewer will show you the dxf you select and with thumbnails from that selected folder on the side. It's free google is your friend
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Adrian,
    thanks for the suggestions, but I still am having no luck. the mysticthumbs shows a preview in the lower corner of the folder when you click the file, but not all ai. show a preview even though they open just fine in VCP7. I was really hoping to view the whole folder as thumbs instead of scrolling through each file. I may not have the correct settings entered though.
    I also tried the ST Thumbnails Explorer v1.2.2500, but it says "ai. file don't contain any built in thumbnail".
    I am unfamiliar on how to save a file as a native file, and i'm also unfamiliar with the vectric thumbnail viewer. could you please elaborate?
    brian