Thread: Rhinocam post processor for shopbot3+ PRS standard

Default Rhinocam post processor for shopbot3+ PRS standard

Hi,

I'm new to shopbot, but have been using rhino4+Rhinocam2.0 for a while and am quite comfortable with it.

The shopbot post processor included will run on my version of shopbot (v.3.6.46), but it won't do things like start the router or stop for bit changes.

I know there was another thread that showed how to edit the rhinocam post processor but I could only get the additional function of turning the router on and I was hoping for something with some more features.

So, I wanted to know if anyone has a really good post processor (.spm) that would do these features or where I could get one (I've been looking online for the past two days).

I do understand if I have to create my own, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to.

Thanks for your patience.
    -Peter

Peter,
    I don't know of one for RhCam that has the 'TC_Inch' or TC_MM' features like the Vectric ones do. My advice would be to contact your RhCAM dealer & have them write you a post to do what you want. You can send them the TC_Inch pp as an example they can translate into something that will work with RhCAM. Otherwise, you can try your hand at pp editing.

If you bought RhCAM from ShopBot, they may have a pp that will work for you. It would be worth a call down there to find out if they have one.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks,

I guess I'll call Durham tomorrow otherwise I'll start working on my own pp

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Poulos View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to shopbot, but have been using rhino4+Rhinocam2.0 for a while and am quite comfortable with it.

The shopbot post processor included will run on my version of shopbot (v.3.6.46), but it won't do things like start the router or stop for bit changes.

I know there was another thread that showed how to edit the rhinocam post processor but I could only get the additional function of turning the router on and I was hoping for something with some more features.

So, I wanted to know if anyone has a really good post processor (.spm) that would do these features or where I could get one (I've been looking online for the past two days).

I do understand if I have to create my own, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to.

Thanks for your patience.
    -Peter
    You can edit the ShopBot post processor within RhinoCAM. I had to do this for our PRS alpha. Your machine will be different so you cannot always find one that is already made. Just start changing things and post a test file to verify what changed.

You can also just edit the post processor file manually with a text editor.

Quote Originally Posted by nzbrock View Post
    You can edit the ShopBot post processor within RhinoCAM. I had to do this for our PRS alpha. Your machine will be different so you cannot always find one that is already made. Just start changing things and post a test file to verify what changed.

You can also just edit the post processor file manually with a text editor.
    Hi, thanks for the reply,

I since have made my own post possessor and it works pretty well. my new problem is that it seems to ignore the feedrates that i have set to each bit and I cant seem to change that. I've seen the feed rate on the Rhinocam edit program, but i haven't had any success with the changes ive made.

-Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Poulos View Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply,

I since have made my own post possessor and it works pretty well. my new problem is that it seems to ignore the feedrates that i have set to each bit and I cant seem to change that. I've seen the feed rate on the Rhinocam edit program, but i haven't had any success with the changes ive made.

-Peter
    Keep in mind RhinoCAM uses inches per minute and ShopBot uses inches per second (you may already know this). There should be a multiplier value in there somewhere in the federate area of the post processor.