Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KD KItchen Trouble

Micheal thanks that's the point I'm trying to make .It subjective you could argue the legs with the grove in for the panel are wrong

The bottom line is I had no help in design from or there expert but its easy after the fact to criticize to try and a shave a few dollars off

I've enclosed a couple of pictures That was the last visit we cleaned and left the work area spotless

I'm to visit Wed with the husband the wife is to busy now to meet

The 4th picture is of an overlay when I first starting doing them 14 years ago this kitchen was done in Montreal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also if you look at the white crown where mine meets .The superintendent wanted me to use a box I said it would look hideous with a 6 inch crown he said it did for all units ,Doing thing different doesn't mean its wrong
    I think he was the option

Kevin,
    Everything i've seen you do is top notch. I'm sure they are paying a good price for quality work and most people would look at this and not have a problem, some people just want to nit-pick.

If they don't pay then threaten them with a mechanics lein. Take a bunch of pictures and do most of your communication in writing and establish a paper trail. Sometimes you just have to go thru the motions to get paid.
    I think to an average judge he would look at that and say..."So what the problem? It looks good to me..."

I tell people..."You can have it done fast, or you can have it done right, but you can't have both."
    I see no reason for you to even consider compromising on your price or your principles.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

so this is the opinion of the superintendent ? not the homeowners? I think that he is trying to see if he can shave this amount off by blowing smoke. I bet the homeowners will like things .Just let them know that this is how "you" build your cabinets.

you could just offer to come and totally remove the cabinets if they don"t want to pay the bill and let them try and get as nice a job for less money elsewhere. I hate being held hostage after the fact when I have upheld my end. This is a beautiful custom kitchen and they should be rushing to pay you in full just in case you didn't charge enough and wanted to correct the bill! Some people are just annoying and its doubtful they will sing your praises regardless of what you do. Likely they will just brag about how they got a $G note off the bill with BS complaint.

hope it worked out.

Gerald

Has there been any resolution yet ?

Gerald thanks for the compliment they really have you if they want to drag out paying .All work leaving the shop will paid first .Its time consuming running after money

Gene I meet with home owners on Sat before Christmas I ask who there expert was they would not tell me .I showed l letter from Michea they said who the f--k is Micheal .So it was heated I was insulted and humiliated ,embarrassed to be working for people like this .

I agree to replace to small doors on top I did take a eight of an inch off I had to give them something .I;m bringing the door this Monday I ask if there was anything else they said no.
    I think if I ever do something like this again put a lean on the condo only remove it when I'm paid

These are the kitchen that are in the condos

Kevin,
    I don't know what your personality is like, but these people seem to want to take advantage of some (like you) who do a good job and they want to nit pick to try to screw you.

I would go in and simply say, if you are not satisfied and don't want to pay me in full i'll go ahead and remove the cabinets and you can get someone else to make you new ones.

In other words...call their bluff. I guarantee they do not want you to remove the cabinets. If you don't get it all, i'd take what i could get, cash the check then go down and file a lein and a small claims court suit.

Sometimes you simply have to stand up to a bully and fight. It might mean a bloody nose (figuratively) but the bullying will stop.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

If the condo sale has not closed go in the unit and remove all the doors and drawers . When you get payment in full reinstall them

or better yet, depending on how much they short you take that many doors or drawers that equal that. That would be even better. More devious
    Words of Wisdom:
    -----------
    -----------