Thread: KD KItchen Trouble

Threaded View

Default KD KItchen Trouble

I finished the job in the picture below ,I posted this last Friday

They the client where refereed by another client who I had respect for .They where allowed a low down payment on the kitchen until they closed the condo .I finished asked a few times for my payment

I'll try to be vague because this is a public form .They called a installer there words
    He said
    "I called for a second opinion from an installer and he said the cabinet rails were not the same size---I'm assuming you know what that means. Both are just not proper to me but must be to you, or else you would not have said you were finished. I had a quote today on fixing the corner unit--he said it would cost me $1000.00 to remove the bulkhead and mounding to cut it properly to fit the corner doors. "
    :He also said to remove and re-align the upper cabinets would be another $2000-$4000 as it would all have to be removed and it was labor intensive"

They are paying me minus 1,000 nothing in writing or no name .I'am going back there Monday .To say I'm speechless is an understatement

What I'm asking is my fellow cabinet maker to give an opinion on the photo and how much would kitchen like that be worth across the country.You can pm if you want to thanks in advanced

Also nobody call a cabinet rail its a revel which is 1 inch to cover the door its very hard to do its either right or wrong .There are flaw in any work done by hand but they didn't pick it up ,The cable beside the fridge we followed a uneven wall not mentioned
    Cheap customer trying to pull a fast one ,The problem in this area is the trades are treated bad here like crooks to many diy show.
    This job is at a condo they ask one of the handy man for the opion all the good trades people go to Alberta whats left are kids with little experince trying to prove something
    I've had people before ask for negative option on project to get a lower price never gave one never will

They are saying it cost 5,000 to fix and where holding back a 1,000 not very serious but its my reputation this is how I make a living

Attached Images Attached Images