Thread: Wakeboard ?

Default Wakeboard ?

I have a student that wants to make custom/replica wakeboard on the shopbot. I have started to work with him a bit on the design but am unsure of how we cut the bottom out. We are working in Aspire but trying to figure out what exactly to do. He wants a three stage rocker on the bottom which means there is a large flat part in the middle and then tapers up in the front and back.

Is this something for a two rail sweep?

Has anyone ever tried to do this? Any ideas.
    Thanks!

two rail sweep is the way to go. I haven't done a wake board but i have done the lines for a wind surfboard.

David

Eric, if I am thinking of this correctly. the 2 rail sweep would be the way to go. The two drive rails would be the front end and back end and the curve part would be the profile of the taper you want. The profile must have "legs", that is the height of the profile has to be supported front and back. Draw all this to scale. Make your Sweep as a rectangle and then use the perimeter vector (bottom of board) like a cookie cutter to get the final shape. Maybe this will help....ps, you might want to take this up with the Vectric Forum, ...joe