Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacuum table kit for ShopBot Machines

I am slipping 1 1/4" pvc inside 1 1/2" pvc. 1/8" tape making about three wraps of the 1 1/4" works. Real o-rings would be nice tho. I have comptemplated using 1/4 x 1/4" tape and getting a tighter wipe on the inside of the 1 1/2 pipe.

The tape is laid immediately against the previous wrap, so it synthesizes a 1/8" thick 3/8" wide ring. Not a great wipe, and the resonance is not as strong as a fixed tube cut to the correct length. My hunch is some air motion or damping is occurring on the joint.

The tape slides a wee bit on the pvc, but gets support from the next wrap. A real o-ring might be a better choice.

I looked at the website, no mention of O rings.

D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

Dana I will get you a list of o rings that we have. Give me a bit and I will see what we have

FYI - Those of you not familiar with AllStar Adhesives - should check out their selection of vacuum gasket materials for part hold down. The spoilboard cover product is fantastic for a number of applications.

These guys have already worked out what materials & durometer are suitable for holding stuff down - so don't reinvent the wheel trying to make stuff from the big box stores work.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Quote Originally Posted by gbradley View Post
    . I am just putting this out their to see if this is worth doing. I will be posting our video on the vacuum conversion with the non profit organization. We are waiting for the materials to come in and we are going to install at the AS220 shop in Providence RI
    George I would be interested in a vac table for my Buddy......I use 48 x 48 table and finding that really need vac to cut alluminium properly!

I already planned a vac table for it but abandoned it for now due not being able to find suitable vac motor here at a reasonable price.

I only need to split table into 2 zones and have pipe running to each zone between the rollers to a manifold then flex piping to two motors underneath table.....should work fine. Something simple.

But no point reinventing wheel if you are considering a kit.......but our power supply here at 1 phase is 240VAC at 50Hz!

Look forward to seeing the video...

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Michael our pumps are and wired for 110VAC-60hz-single phase. Gast recommends "It is recommended your customer provide a dedicated 15amp circuit with switched outlet" I expect our materials to be in within a week or two. Let us get the one installed and get some video and All Star can get the vac table kit ball rolling.

I would be interested in a portable 48x48 piece that I can place and remove easily from my 48x96 bot. Most of what I cut in the smaller size stuff is full cut through, sometimes with tabs. Please keep us posted and if you can some ball park pricing. Thanks in advance. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Thanks for the reply's we are doing the cost and setting it up in our system so by the second week in January we should have it all worked out

Quote Originally Posted by gbradley View Post
    Michael our pumps are and wired for 110VAC-60hz-single phase.
    Unfortunately that power requirement will not work here in AUS! Finding a suitable pump priced similarly to that found in the States is proving difficult. I'll Keep looking.....

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Michael I am going to send your info to our gast tech and see if we can get you what you need

Dana I looked at what we had nothing that measures out to .375. I thought we would have something like this http://allstaradhesives.com/cart/pro...g_cr_25_305/57 that would work. But the grommets are .25 increments