Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a new 3D source

stl will be the most universal, unfortunately it's also going to yield the largest file size...

There are also a few programs which will "translate" 3D files from one format into another;

Polytrans ( a few hundred $)
    Accutrans ($20 shareware)
    Crossroads ( not sure if this one is still around. It didn't handle as many file formats, but it WAS free...).
    Probably still a good idea to own a program which will let you "smooth" or fine tune the resultant file as file translations ( like subtitles in a movie) aren't always point for point accurate...

Ok, we've added the first design for sale. Let me know what you think or have any questions via email. There are lots to add but going to test the market with this one and see how it goes.
    thanks,
    Shari

Are you repackaging the VectorArt3d designs? and if so is that within the license agreement? the Elk look very similar to theres.

Eric,
    I can assure you none of our designs are repackaged from VectorArt3d. My designs were created from my own drawings and real elk pics. We have lots of elk around our house and most do look alike I guess; horns and a body. Magnificent creatures and we love to watch them.
    Shari

Shari
    don't take it the wrong way -- I was just asking if you were using there models. Quite a bit of the wildlife carvings are looking the same to me these days. I am learning on Aspire demo and have plans to make architectural models myself. I am sorry if i stepped on your toes over the license agreement questions.

We are in the final stages (getting the credit card situation set up) and will be offering a license for all our models. I will not be having a website since we are targeting a small select market of wood workers. Two formats available: rlf, stl. Design Package A: all model elements: animals, logs, leaves, etc. (for customers who have software to place and combine elements. Package B: Ready to carve designs (for customers who do not have the capability to work with Package A. All designs have been carved with 1/8" tbn. They are large and highly detailed with good texture for realism. A great deal of time has been put into these designs. When requested, we'll email a pdf with a list of the designs and some pics. Orders will be placed by phone and DVDs will be shipped Priority Mail. Next Day Air service will be available also. If I've forgotten anything, let me know via email.

God Bless,
    Shari

All I get when trying to access sawtoothcarving.com is a message from GoDaddy.com saying "this website is parked for free".

So how are we supposed to look at the models?
    Last edited by harold_weber; 05-29-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: add question
    Harold

Let me DROP EVERYTHING and work on YOUR job!!

In her message Shari says she won't have a website, but will email you a pdf catalog when requested. I'd drop her a PM or email.
    Ken Zey
    Lookout Mercantile / Digital Millwork
    Rogers, AR
    www.CedarSlabSigns.com
    www.lookoutmercantile.com
    www.digitalmillwork.com

6x12 PRS alpha

Thanks Ken. Sorry, I didn't notice that the post with her web site name was 9 months old............
    Harold

Let me DROP EVERYTHING and work on YOUR job!!