Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First photo v carve projects

Default First photo v carve projects

These are some photo V carves projects I just finished for Christmas gifts. Now hopefully I can sell some now! These things are addictive!

Never could figure out how to post more than one pic

One more pic

Lookin' good

Do you like the crosshatch pattern? I usually just do a 45 deg, but don't criss-cross them.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Well, I have only done these three and I think these turned out great. I did a test piece in MDF with only one pass and I thought it was ok. The photo really doesn't do them justice, they look even better in person. I personally prefer the maple over the cherry. The maple one just blew me away when I stained it, it just burst into life! Btw, does anyone have a clue what these should sell for? I am planning to move more toward products like this and get away from cabinets.

Pricing is all subjective. 'Crafts' sell better in middle America than they do on the Coasts. Some of the things people show on here would never sell in my neck of the woods because people just aren't into the whole country motif.

Play around with different scenes, give one or two to the wife to show off to her friends or at work etc. The women are good judges of what is appealing & how much they would pay for it. Not many men are going to buy these types of things, unless they are for a woman!

Try it on & see how it works. You never know where it will take you.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

kip
    when posting pictures do as you do when posting one picture by going to
    manage attachments

but go right back to the buttons
    choose file/upload
    repeat choose file/upload for up to 5 pics per post

good work
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Default Photo Carve

Hi Guys: Nice work Kip. I just picked up photo carve recently. Have not tried it yet. Can you folks suggest woods that work well with it, solid woods or plywoods etc. Also, what types of bits work well also. Thanks. Joe

In our neck of the very rural left coast, things that look too mechanical (computer/machine generated) don't sell well and if they do sell they don't go for much. The more 'hand done' look to them the easier to sell and the higher the prices. Things like photo based products are really hard sell. Rough cut 3d stuff with a slight going over with a wood chisel sell very well. Just a thought from rural Oregon. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Thanks jack, I tried that unsuccessfully on my iPhone. Apparently you can't post photos from an iPad and it's limited on the iPhone. I don't often get the chance to web surf on the PC.