Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cabinet Parts Pro

Joe
    In CCP under tools/nesting settings do you have your depth of cut set first pass is where you can leave your onion skin and then second pass will cut clear thru I cut full depth with a 1/4" bit so with a 1/2" bit doesn't seem like it should be that bad except for all the pressure that bit is applying to your plywood trying to move Also have you set material thickness in every cabinet and saved it in a file The picture almost looks like it thought the top of your table was the plywood I only run.20 Z clearance doesn't seem like you should need 1.75 safe Z

Joe
    In CCP under tools/nesting settings do you have your depth of cut set first pass is where you can leave your onion skin and then second pass will cut clear thru I cut full depth with a 1/4" bit so with a 1/2" bit doesn't seem like it should be that bad except for all the pressure that bit is applying to your plywood trying to move Also have you set material thickness in every cabinet and saved it in a file The picture almost looks like it thought the top of your table was the plywood I only run.20 Z clearance doesn't seem like you should need 1.75 safe Z P.s I lost your number P.M. it if you want to talk again it's gotta be something simple to fix

Default Cpp

Hi Mark: I checked the settings as you suggested. I am attaching it for you to see and check. I just don't understand why the Back Bottom Dado File cut right through the 3/4" Ply. I thought it would just be cutting .375 to cut dado's? I am hoping it's something simple as you suggest. Getting Closer though. Thanks Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Cpp

Hi Mark: I checked the settings as you suggested. I am attaching it for you to see and check. I just don't understand why the Back Bottom Dado File cut right through the 3/4" Ply. I thought it would just be cutting .375 to cut dado's? I am hoping it's something simple as you suggest. Getting Closer though. Thanks Joe

First cut is limited to .03 in case you can't see it clearly.

Joe i haven't been following this thread and don't know this pgm but just wanted to point out that .03 is a way smaller cut then .3 and wondered if in your settings you were supposed to say how much material "to leave" as opposed to how much to cut, and that accounts for why it is cutting so deep?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Joe,
    It will save all operations with the same tool number to the same file. Notice the tool1 in the file name. The depth per pass sets depth per pass, this is the amount you will allow the bit to go in a single pass. You have it set to 1 this is greater than the material thickness so it will cut in one pass.

If you email me your phone number and I time to call we can get all this worked out fairly quick.

Ryan

Default Cpp

Thanks Jack: Ryan has offered to give me a ring. I just sent him my number. I told him anytime tomorrow is fine to call. I've had some great help from CPP users so far. I'm further ahead than where I was. I'm banking on Ryan helping me to sort this out when we speak. I'll keep all posted. Thanks Gang. Joe

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

No doubt ,he will get you up and running

You're good hands

Here is a better explanation done in Part works to show how simple .I realized 4 years ago after lunch I had to make 6 draws by 4:30 o'clock all was finished and installed that includes edging .Before that I was use to a table saw it would have taken all day.

I think picture and drawing are easier to follow its zipped its 30 by 30 23.5 deep
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool CPP Solved

Ok Guys: Ryan called me this morning, and helped to get me up and running. I had some problems with settings. He helped me to set it up, so we can leave an onion skin. I have not vac, so hold down is a problem, and was part of my problem along with having to raise the safe z. Oh, also had a speed movement problem, way too fast. I thought you could save each layer as a file. I thought I would run the profile cut last, and nudge the bit up to leave an onion skin. Little did I know that the entire dado/cut files are all run in one file So when it started cutting through the 3/4 ply it was a shock as I was not suspecting it. Being a weekend botter, I have somewhat of a learning curve, and still need to spend some time getting more familiar with the program. Many thanks to all who helped with posts, and with whom I've spoken to. You guys are the absolute best. Lot of smart guys on this forum. Thanks to Ryan for providing excellent product support. He went way beyond to help me out. Stay well all, see you in the forum. Joe