Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabinet Parts Pro

Default Cabinet Parts Pro

Happy New Year Everyone. I am getting ready to use Cabinet Parts Pro. Maybe a silly question, but can someone please tell me if I can use a .25 bit to cut cabs, dados etc. When I look at software it is calling for what I think is a 3/8" bit. Also what size drill bit is needed for shelf pins and hinges. Thanks Joe

Yes you can. I use 1/4 inch shelf pins. 5mm shelf pins are more common to use, but you can find 1/4 inch
    Kenneth

Default Vortex bits

From what little I know, this 3/8" bit is popular for cabinets... the Vortex people could help.

http://www.vortextool.com/index.cfm?...1C20BBAA017C1C
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

A 1/4 inch to cut I think you'll be breaking a lot of bits
    I use a 1/2 bit I tried 3/8 with default setting was not happy with blind dado
    I motivated the setting for through dado with no stop easy assembly .
    Try a small cabinet see whats best for you

Also I have not found a good bit over 30 dollars that give good results 100 sheets .I use exchange a bit double flute for 20 sheets at about 13 dollars a bit .I'm will to try a expensive bit its confusing my local tool supplier doesn't have a clue which bit is best

I use 1/4 down cut for everything Dados shelf pins and cutting cabinet out 1 pass 3/4" deep works perfect for me never had problems with bits breaking
    I've never really kept track of how many sheets I get out of one bit probably between 40-50 sheets Just listen to the bit and how it's cutting I normally run about 12,000 RPM's again listen to the bit and adjust from there

Spindle or router? How fast are you cutting? I was told the the diameter should be the max cut, are they just being safe or was I told wrong?
    Kyle Stapleton
    River Falls Renaissance Academy
    Math/Technology Education Teacher

PRS Alpha 96x60 2.2 hp spindle, Double Air drills, 6" indexer, Fein 5 zone vac table
    Desktop w/spindle
    Potter Pen
    Aspire 8.5, Creo 3.0

3hp spindle and I'll run anywhere from 1.6 to 2.2 on speed but I also have 15hp vacuum pump so my parts don't move when cut and the down cut fills the cut so to keep my vacuum up From loading to reloading the next sheet is 10-12 min I started out using the cut depth you're saying but trying to stay awake between sheets was really hard

Kyle...
    Onsrud recommends:
    1X D use recommended chipload
    2X D Reduce chipload by 25%
    3X D Reduce chipload by 50%

SG

Default Cpp

Thanks for all the great advice gang. I readily have .25 inch bits. As long as they will work with the program, I most likely will use them. By the way, I am running a 2.2HP Spindle. I was hesitant when I initially purchased it, but do not regret my decision one bit. Very glad I did. Joe.

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Joe , Have you looked at the video"s on ccp web site ? I use ccp with a .25 comp bit and it does very well. It has been so long since i set it up but i will try to help if i can . The first thing i did was to click on each type of cabinet and check the things that apply to that cabinet , then go to toolpath and enter .25 for all the toolpaths needed . its realy pretty simple. Hope you enjoy it as much as i have