Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cabinet Parts Pro

I try to keep it simple see file it important you understand how a cabinet is made I put the file out to help some one else.Its a 30 by 30 23.5 deep cabinet I 'am cheap with material

The thing I don't like about blind dado is you have to have your table almost perfect and all setting exact .We revisited blind dado and said no way why fix something that isn't broken

The big advantage to my system is Assembly its easy to figure out top and bottom and sides we glue and staple I can't get faster I've tried

Part of your problem is your going to fast for your machine also Ryan has a bug with the corner cabinet how I get around is make a dxf and run in Part Works
    Also no toe kick we make 4 and half inch bases out of plywood you get a better yield out of a sheet

It will take you while to learn to the program for one kitchen maybe ask someone to program
    Ryan program does work amazing I'm really comfortable with it I haven't even bothered to upgrade
    Attached Files Attached Files

Joe,
    Kevin is correct about the speed, the message you got is telling you that the speed you set is to above the speed the ShopBot is above to move. It then set it to the max speed of 12 ips depending on what the RPM was this could be a problem. Pushing a 1/2" bit through material at 12" per second could cause a lot of bouncing around. Try decreasing the speed to 6ips with an RPM of 12,000.

Default Cpp speed bumps/back to the drawing board

Thanks for the advise Kevin. I have built cabinets conventionally with square toe kick boxes. Does save a lot of wood, usually make them out of scraps. Good way to burn them up. You mentioned I'm going too fast for the machine. How can I address this issue? Thanks Joe

Thanks Ryan. I just PM'd you. Is speed adjustable through CPP software. Should I be running chip calculator in the software, will this adjust speed etc? Thanks Joe

When setting setup your tool path templates change the Feed Rate and Plunge rate then click save as template. You will need to do this for all the cutting operations in the drop down list. Here is a quick video showing how to setup the toolpaths https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqP1IlQjVwk. You will need to enter the feed rate in as Inches Per Second. A Shopbot Alpha has a range of .05 to 12.

OK: So in the toolpath menu, enter 12,000 for rpm, 6 for feed rate xy, and how about plunge rate? and add to depth I would think, leave blank unless you wanted to go deeper? By the way I am running a PRS 48x96 bot.

Default CPP/Still at it

Well, still not having any luck. Ryan Pattersen had given me some settings, and Mark Steif was nice enough to call and speak to me this morning. Really thought we had this figured out. My first cut plunged right into my sheet of 3/4" birch. Nothing like it was supposed to do. I zeroed to table top, set speed with CPP to 3, Plunge rate 1. I am attaching a snipet of the Toolpath screen with settings, and of plunge the bot made. As always, any advise or moments of clarity are very much appreciated. Joe Capture.PNG 2.jpg

photo.JPG 2.jpg

do an air cut with out the sheet see if it makes sense by defaut I think it has 1/4 inch jog look for setting .I think it moving and not being cleared may be speed up jog on Z

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Joe ,
    Give me a call and lets see if i can walk you thru the setup . I use a .25 bit for everything except shelf pin holes 706 830 3247 , i also have mine set up to zero to the top of the material . lets see what happens

Thanks Gene and Kevin: Ken from the forum suggested we raise the safe z and Ryan ageed. Back Bottom Dado_Sheet1_Tool1.sbp That got me to a safe height when moving around the table bed. Changing the Z fixed the problem at hand. I just cut the file I attached. This is not the file I had problems with earlier. It was only supposed to be back bottom dado's. It ended up cutting a complete side panel out, and a top stretcher after cutting the dado's At this point free parts moved and jammed up the bot forcing me to abort. Threw my xyz home out of whack, don't think I can salvage this one. I am including file for you to look at. I was not expecting to cut through on this file cut. I was going to nudge up when I ran the file cut to keep things from moving on the bot bed. Getting closer though. Thanks Joe.

Gene: I'll give you a call in the morning. Thanks Joe.

I forgot to mention, that when the parts were cut out my half inch bit cut right through 3/4" one pass. Pretty scary.