Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabinet Parts Pro

Default Cpp

Thanks Gene: I spent all day yesterday fooling around with and learning the software. The 3d visualization was helpful pointing out obvious mistakes I had made. I plan on using it to build a kitchen for a country home we are building. Drywall is next, so I am taking time to get comfortable with CPP. I understand how to change bit size, thanks so much. It really is pretty straight forward. One question I have is, how do I cope with not having a Vacuum table? Can I import DXF files to Aspire and use tabs? I woke up with that question this morning. I plan on building frameless cabs, and ordering raised panel doors and installing them afterwards. If I have any other questions, I'll be sure to contact you. Thanks so much. Joe

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

You can import the dfx drawings into aspire , locate marks for screws and make cuts like .05 deep where you know that the cutters will not be cutting . Run the screw location file first , stop the machine , screw the material down and go from there, also you can cut the final cut out pass so it will only be cutting an really thin pass , They call it an onion skin . that way there is almost no laterial pressure on the material you re cutting, . I set mine up to do the back side dados first then the top and bottom blind dado then side then cut 2 % then the final cut out. Hope this helps

If you are going to paint the cabinets its easy to make your own doors

Default Cpp

Thanks Gene: I like your ideas. I tried opening DXF CPP files in Aspire. I think I would have to reconfigure all the cuts. If i'm right, it's a lot of extra work. Maybe just using CPP and leaving an onion skin and or hold down screws would be easier. Still fooling around with things. Joe

you will get it worked out . Just keep on pluggin away , soon enough you will be there .

Default Cpp speed bumps/back to the drawing board

Well, I took my first shot at CPP this afternoon. I have reviewed the software, and I thought things were looking pretty good. I loaded up my PRS 4x8 and went to town. I did not make out so good. 1. My first attempt provided a broken 1/4" bit. Ouch! I was warned. 2. My second attempt, was with a 1/2" bit, and I figured I would be happily on my way. No such luck. My Shopbot which has been working flawlessly was jumping all over the place. I decided to call it a day. I went inside and made a pot of chily. I'm much calmer now, and can calmly reflect on my experience. I got a messege from the shopbot software saying "Parameter Value Above Range for VS--Setting to Upper Limit (12) I don't think that was a problem though. If anyone has any advice or ideas, I could surely use them. I do have the files for the cabinet that I tried to cut if anyone would like to take a look at them. Back to the Drawing Board. Joe.

Hopefully Ryan will chime in and help you out

Default Cpp

Yeah Jerry, I could use some troubleshooting. I'm hoping it's just something stupid on my part. That would be great if it was. Reminds me of when I was first assembling my bot, wiring it up etc. There were times when I thought I would never get it working. Best thing to do sometimes is just walk away, sleep on it, and wait for a moment of clairvoyance. Joe.

Joe
    Send me the cut file I'll have a look at and see what going on If you can send your settings out of CPP also been using that program since "06" and I like it alot

Default Ccp

Thanks Mark: I'll send them to you. I think I'm just missing something. Joe