Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fractal Vcarve

Default Fractal Vcarve

This was not really supposed to be a project but an experiment and I posted a question about my V-carve depth step problems on the Vectric forum (actually I found the tip grind of the cheap bit is cause of the problem).

But somebody asked to publish the Vcarve file, which I did and, since I am hanging out here quite often lately I thought some of you guys might be interested, too. Please use as you see fit.

This is a Vcarve of a fractal pattern that I created in Ultrafractal 5. My sample was for a 12"x16"x1.5" board but the published file is for a 12"x16"x0.75" board. Nothing really useful but something to play with.

G,
    Art doesn't need to serve a purpose, just to please the artist and those who view it...which this does!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

G., How did you get a 31.1 mb .crv onto the forum? Had problems getting a small one to someone and had to g-mail it. Jack, My Mom always asks"But what does it DO?" Drives me nuts!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

G., Thanks for something to play with this morning during coffee intake
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    G., How did you get a 31.1 mb .crv onto the forum? Had problems getting a small one to someone and had to g-mail it. Jack, My Mom always asks"But what does it DO?" Drives me nuts!
    The file is located in the Dropbox cloud service (free), not on this forum server. I use Dropbox a lot, specifically to sync the g-code files that I create on my desktop in the house (with A/C) with the machine control computer in the garage. It is like magic, no need to do something but what you do in the Dropbox folder on one machine is automatically present on the other one after a few seconds.

As an engineer I always lean the to functional side of making things. But once a while I like to do something that is just pretty or looks interesting. If it has something to do with math, even better. This Ultrafractal program is probably the most difficult piece of software I ever used. So far I have only scratched the surface.

I keep playing with this Ultrafractal software. This version reminded me of a big clown juggling with small clowns juggling with even smaller ones. Or is that just my imagination? Anyway, I like it and it will go on the wall.

32"x20"x1" pine, stained and surface sanded, cut with a 60-degree v-bit

G., Most people just need a bigger house for their "stuff", You need more walls Maybe find a Gallery for kicks and giggles(they always have walls). Sign and call it "Little Clowns, Have Lesser Clowns" (like the flea poem). Reminded me of those "Transformer" movies the kids watch. You shouldn't be getting the depth steps that bad though- brand bit? 2 passes? Very nice.
    scott P.
    Maine

Another fractal experiment. This time to "fractalize" a bitmap image. I am not planning to actually cut it but thought to post the simulation picture here since I used the Shopbot logo. I hope that constitutes "fair use"?

Anyway, I find it interesting and obviously can be done with any other image file using UF5 software. Let me know if somebody wants the .crv file.

G., Could I have one to play with?
    scott P.
    Maine