Thread: Shopbot subscription service

Default Shopbot subscription service

I noticed it doesn't pertain to bigger, production machines. Only the hobby machines. Interesting.....
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Guess I'm just spoiled, coming from an age where you purchased something and it was then yours.
    This movement toward "subscription" service for everything in sight is very disturbing to me. When I purchased my Alpha 9660 a few years ago, monthly payments were less than 1/3 of their quote for the buddy.
    But then again, mine was a commitment.
    This appears more suited to an age where, when things don't go our way, you just drop it and walk away.
    I know they're just working the market, and I understand to an extent, but still...
    Interesting, indeed.

jeff

Commitment, what's that?!
    Scott

Jeff...

The subscription option is not in any way a replacement for purchasing a tool..it's just another option that we added because of customer requests. Some needed a little extra capacity for a big job and some just wanted to spend some time with a tool before purchasing. The majority of our customers will still probably prefer to buy outright.

Don...

The reason we're offering this range of tools at the start has nothing to do with them being "hobby" tools. They are the ones that we assemble in our plant in Durham and are the quickest to ship and for the customer to get up and running quickly. If there turns out to be a demand for subscription gantry tools we'll certainly look at options for offering them.

Bill

Don't tell Eugene he has a "Hobby" machine (Buddy);

"We got all 630 plus cutting boards done in 2.5 weeks... Tina, The preacher and I found out what we were made of. It surprised me that we could get that much product out and ahead of time... Tina said no more large order with that short of notice. We filled all most all the orders that came in during the Market as well, I still like 2 orders,, Making measuring spoons now for those orders."

And when our 2 Desktops were going, 600-1,000 buttons a week at $4 each....was just a dight more than hobby cutting!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine