Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard to keep a Good Man down

Your dad was much like mine, a fighter in a great way! Sorry to hear of your loss as I too lost mine a few years back or yesterday depends on how you look at it, glad you had him so long!. It's not easy had a talk with a friend Thursday that lost his dad 2 weeks ago. He was alone on an aisle in Lowe's just staring a a box in his hand as I walked up, I know that feeling. Asked how he was doing and he slowly said not too good Mark, never taking his eyes off the box. We had a brief talk and as I left I said , it gets better, one day soon you will think of your Dad and smile. I am glad I was able to get close to my Dad in his last years, as you were, and it has carried me thru those rough patches when I realize I can't go ask his advice. Condolences.

Thanks guys!
    Yep, Last Fall Dad drove straight out of the North woods after a 5 day fishing trip...straight to Portland and checked into hospital for a planned heart surgery
    Because I was helping him with his CNC project we talked virtually every day, when the project ended we kept on talking
    Due to that there are very few things left unsaid, and virtually no regrets.
    Thanks again David and Jim!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Heart felt sympathies as well Scott! As one that has gone through it not so long ago and also had a close relationship with my father, I can relate!
    Scott

Thanks Scott!
    Yep....keep grabbing the phone because it's time to call him

There's a Maine Sugar Maple burl slab he liked, and was always interested in what I would do with it.
    Slab has a Large pocket in it, he always told me to leave as a "Feature".....now I'll carve it out some more for my 1/8 of his ashes, and top with a Birdseye Topo
    of his favorite mountain.
    It'll take the place of "His" critter watching chair where we spent many hours watching the beaver pond.

Some kind of fancy mobile base, that slab will rest on, but not be attached(still trying to figure the wood and joinery).
    Just sectioned some 9/4 Birdseye to surface on the Desktop.....don't want TOO much figure on a topo.
    Thanks again Scott!
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Still working on it...BUT liking it.
    https://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32122

Sorry not posting here, but only have inclination to post once

Got a problem with losing position, and may need some help soon...(Potentiometer Z, or maybe a Z-Carriage hang up?)
    Better description later after isolating a bit more.
    scott
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    Maine

Scott

Just seeing this. I wish you well. Thanks for a beautiful remembrance of your Dad. You were lucky- and so was he!

Best Regards,

Monty

Thanks Monty!
    Yep, I think he would have liked it
    A little more concerned about my step-mom though at the moment...it's just now totally hitting her.
    Every time I start dialing the Vermont # for Dad...I'll just continue dialing and talk to her
    Slab is off machine, so I can scrape/sand pocket down easier,and start adding more Linseed/Beeswax coats and work on whatever bark needs it.

More important is to find out why Z doesn't seem to remember MoveNudge adjustments and is noisier.
    Got a lot of info and sayings to VCarve on the bottom, and NEED to trust the machine for this one of!
    Will call Tech, and see if they have a manual on adjusting potentiometers...Then take apart Z carriage and check for wear/friction(hasn't been done since Z Retrofit).
    DON'T know how to check Z stepper

Thanks again to all!!
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Have not been on in a while. Scott my condolences, your father was fortunate to have you as his son.

Thanks Brian!
    Yep, GLAD the little Desktop gave us so much time together the last 5 years!!
    scott P.
    Maine