Thread: Spring Users Group Meeting

Default Spring Users Group Meeting

Users Group Meeting

Gary Beckwith and I are having another users group “Met-Up” this spring. It's looking like this May when the weather warms up. This will be a two day event at no charge. But we will have a “Pitch In” donation box for Pizza, Drinks and breakfast snacks.

The agenda will be something like our last one, where we covered lots of topics. We'll be asking those attending what they're interested in covering. This is unlike a workshop. Less structured with a focus on business strategy and sales techniques.

Our intent is to form up a local users group. We would like to hear from those interested in Oklahoma and SW region. It will be necessary to limit the size.

Feel free to contact me at jcrumley1@cox.net

Howdy Router Heads,

It's a little early to close the class but we've just about reached a comfortable limit.

One surprise for me, we have three fellows coming from as far away as Wisconsin, Houston Texas, and perhaps one from Penn. So far there's four local sign shops. Two of them have CNC's. I'm wanting to invite shops without routers as well as those who have them.

In todays markets you don't need a big fancy full color printer nor do you have to own a router. We'll be discussing the business, routing, and sales methods.

Feel free to Email me if you have an interest. I'd like to limit the size to a dozen.

Joe Crumley
    jcrumley1@cox.net

I'm interested in attending, but need more specifics...Dates etc. I'm a high school teacher that recently acquired our bot and have been looking for something like this to "up my game" so to speak. It would almost have to be after we are out of school for it to work for me.

Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me on this workshop.

It will be May 17. So far we have nine people attending. The agenda will be to introduce ourselves and tell a little about our businesses. Most of the people attending have established sign companies. What we will be covering are ways to expand the business through working together. About half those coming don't have a CNC but would like to see how to incorporate dimensional into their offerings. The other half are shops who have routers and would like to offer services to other sign shops.

This a short little meet-up with the intent to have them every quarter.

A couple of the fellows asked if I'd give a Gilding seminar so that will be in the schedule. I'll try to carve out a piece for everyone so they can have a dabble in gold.

That's about it.

Hope you can come.

Joe