Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PRS Alpha Missing Steps

Quote Originally Posted by ken_rychlik View Post
    In the mean time it will be MUCH easier to change your post processor to have it put move commands instead of changing them one at a time.
    Hi Kenneth,

dunno how to change postprocessor and slightly cautious about doing so with my limited knowledge

I just use the SB Editor (Any text program will do) and do a 'Find....Replace with' search to switch out the commands. Does take more than a couple of seconds.

Thanks for the tip though. I just don't have the knowledge to amend PP's at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Mark, Almost posted yesterday, But don't know PRS Alplphas from shinola. Showing my ignorance but noticed 3.8.12 addressed some metric issues. Would any help?

Hi Scott,

Honestly, if you hadn't posted that, I wouldn't even have known there was a new SB Controller release. I'm still on 3.8.10

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm impressed that there are such frequent updates. Shows that the guys at SB are pretty active with their development. I like that.

Will upgrade on monday and see how that goes. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again. Would have probably been another week or so before I realised there's a new SBC release.

Mark

Mark, only noticed mm as I was reading the"improved spindle shutdown after comms lost" 3 times and wondering if there was anything else relevant. Upgrading today
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Well, this is embarassing.

I thought I had already updated on this thread.

The issue has been resolved. It was a conversion with the control software it seems.

3.8.12 pretty much solved this issue. That being said, there were some remnants of it acting like it was out of position (some jerky "confused" gantry movement that was usually the precursor of it about to carve in the wrong place).

Since updating to 3.8.26, there hasn't been any issue whatsoever. Completely resolved.

Seems like it was just all a conversion issue within the firmware.

Really sorry I didn't update on this sooner. Really thought I had.

Mark

Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back to let us know how you made out. You never know who else might be in the same boat and just reading your solution could help him out.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com