Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: birch cabinet grade plywood

Default birch cabinet grade plywood

OMG $51.00/sheet! Last time i bought any it was in the $35.00 range...has it been that long ago
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Default Price

Jack, in East Tenn. we have been paying $52.00 a sheet for it for at least a year. Birch and Oak are the same price unless you buy large amounts and you can get it a little cheaper. It helps a lot of times if you have a large job to do is to go to Home Depot and run it through the bid room at the contractors desk. Check with the store in your area and see how much you have to purchase before you can run it through the bid room.

West coast prices are in the $50's for 3/4" birch, and most of it is ****, at least around me...
    Ron Sloan

Well at least i made up for it by picking 3 pieces of mdf that were a little chipped on the edge and they sold them to me for $10.00/each, i found 3 like that. I probably won't even use that part of it anyway.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Thank your government . A new tax against import plywood did nothing but make the domestic wood prices go up .

Actually the tariff has been killed but the prices have stayed up.

I was a fan of the tarrif until the american plywood guys used it to just jump up and stay,, had they done this right we would have moved to US plys for most everything. I had stopped using any Import for a while but the shop grade structural stuff will back to the lowest bidder soon !

I agree James, It should not have affected the us pricing. The quality is hit or miss both ways. The us ply normally has a better face but fewer layers so it seems to warp more. The china stuff has MANY layers and stays pretty flat, but the face is much thinner. Sometimes you can see through to the second layer.
    50 a sheet will get you prefinished clear birch plywood in my area from the wholesale suppliers. The box stores are priced around what jack posted. For a dozen sheets or so the wholesale suppliers wouldn't want to mess with it. When you buy a full unit of ply you can get almost 10 bucks a sheet cheaper.
    Kenneth

I would love to pay $52 for a sheet of 3/4" birch ply.......try $150+ here in AUS.
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Quote Originally Posted by Simops View Post
    I would love to pay $52 for a sheet of 3/4" birch ply.......try $150+ here in AUS.
    Yes, that's the same here Damn stuff is made here and can buy it cheaper across the border. 1/2 prefinished birch clear is 54.00 a sheet 3/4 is 76.00.