Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Version 3.8.10

I think Shopbot would bennifit from having an option to purchase a computer that is set up to run the shopbot. One that is stripped down and optimised for the Shopbot. That way if someone has a problem on their machine they could purchase a working computer.

Jerry, that would be Paradise Found!
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

You're floggin a pretty dead horse on that one Jerry, although I totally agree with you. Maybe Ted will see the light on that someday. Then you'll have a bunch of folks crying that they "had" to buy a computer just for controlling their bot, and although we know you should, there are a lot of folks who don't.

I didn't mean that you had to buy it but add it as an option like bits collets and parts.

So I tried again to revert to .44 version and it worked...?

Only thing I did differently is when I opened the sb controller it gave me a VR max warning. Last time I hit OK, this time I hit cancel. I am also using hub again. Believe me, every time I tried something different, I would always install firmware and reset settings.

Also found a windows update I missed. Not sure if it had anything to do with it.

Wish I could pin point issue for anyone who has same issue in future but not sure. In future I will create a restore point on my computer right before updating

THANKS TO ALL GUYS WHO TOOK TIME TO REPLY AND TRY TO HELP. Thank god for the patience of Jeremy at tech support as well. I felt like a burden on this one.

OK spoke too soon. Another issue. Hope you guys haven't left for good

I downloaded 3.6.44, updated firmware and UR settings
    Move & Jog & Keyboard work just fine, no more jerking or hesitation
    I have installed firmware
    My USB controller is installed
    VR & VS are reset
    UR has been done

2 problems:
    1)When I launch SB controller 3.6.44 I get a Parameter Error Message that says Parameter Value above range VR setting to upper limit 4---If I hit OK I cannot get into Move/Cut mode. If I hit Cancel I can get into Move/Cut mode but eventually come to...

2)When after I zero all axis, I jog to 2,2 and I immediately get a message that no ports found

I may give a prize to anyone that can figure this out for good.
    BTW, what is the record for threads/replies?

"THANKS TO ALL GUYS WHO TOOK TIME TO REPLY AND TRY TO HELP. Thank god for the patience of Jeremy at tech support as well. I felt like a burden on this one."

Angelo I know I speak for everyone here when I say, please oh please never feel as if you are a burden. All the guys and gals here have the "I love to help gene"! This truly is the best support group on the net and Shopbot can teach all other companies how to support/treat purchasers. I suppose you realise that support is forever with Shopbot and my gosh do you miss it when you deal with others. We are having dimensional issues with two Byrd Engineering Shellix products at present and they cant even be bothered to answer emails and they are 100% American and the suposed leaders in insert helix heads.
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Make sure you are in inches and not mm

Version 3.6.46 is the last version before 3.8.XX. What model Bot to you have again?

On the 'Parameter Value above range VR setting to upper limit 4' issue, there's a ramp setting (VR) that is above the range of stetting. Open the fill-in sheet with 'VR' and check the values there. You can hover over the values to see what the default is. If you did a 'UR' and reset to the defaults for you machine, they should be right, but...

Not quite sure about the other issue. Does it still move around after answering the dialog? Same computer and same ports? Do you have a spindle control? If so, does the spindle control window pop up?
    Scott

I get the parameter above range message too. Even though it says it changed it, the message is repeated every time I start up… I’ve checked every parameter under VR and none is out of range… I’ve even hit the button to set all parameters to default, yet the message continues… HOWEVER, my bot runs fine after I say “OK”.
    SG