Thread: Sculpt Nouveau

Default Sculpt Nouveau

Greetings CNC Heads,

I've posted on this topic some time ago and thought I'd some a few update examples. This technique is so easy, cheap and almost fool proof it's amazing is not more popular. The examples below are mainly Copper. I'll post some others later.

For those who don't know much about this material, it's a water based paint with metal grindings. It comes in copper, iron, brass, bronze and several more. The technique is to paint it on and mist it with one of their acids. That activates the metals and away you go. It's safe and friendly to use. One precaution, it's permanent on signs as well as clothes. I've had it out on location for fifteen years without one failure.
    www.sculptnouveau.com

I'd like to explain the last photo first. For this kind of sign I used Extira because the letters needed to be screwed on from the back side. I could have used PVC but Extira costs much less. The backer is DiBond.

The foundry signs has, double sided, has just about all the SN colors they sell. It was a little tricky misting on the different acids so I had to do some masking. It's interesting a foundry had us do what they usually cast in bronze. That's what they previously had but it was stolen. We invoiced these out at $2,500. I have know idea what it would cost to have them cast in bronze.
    Attached Images Attached Images