Thread: Packaging for samples

Default Packaging for samples

Over the years I have made my money with the bot moslty doing cut letters for my sign business as well as wholesale to other sign shops. I have built up a collection of extra letters over the years from this job and that job and just kept throwing them in boxes. I am entering my slow time and pulled out the boxes. I ordered some cheep plastic bags from www.uline.com, got some cardstock paper for my printer from www.staples.com , and made a simple template in illutrator to print out the fold over headers I staple the bags closed with my samples as shown in the pictures. I will mail out samples to existing customers, and talk to more posible customers in the next few weeks with samples in hand.
    16899.jpg

The small business card sized sign was engraved out of rowmark engraving material.

Dave

Very nice, thanks for posting!

Super job there David and thanks for sharing - is that acrylic stock colored or did you have to "paint" them. thanks. Pete

Pete,
    To get the brushed gold finish, I first take 3/16" thick clear acrylic sheet and usually cut a 2'x4' piece. I take a 2'x4' sheet of IPI Engraving stock plastic with a brushed gold finish and apply a 3M thin laminate double sided tape to the back, and then 3M White paint mask to the face of the gold. Then I laminate the two sheets together. I then tranfer tape the back of the acrylic, and stick the transfer taped side of the now laminated sheet to self adhesive foamcore. I screw the sheet to the table and cut out letters with a upspiral bit. Clean edges every time. I spray the sides with krylon gold metallic spray paint. The paint mask is pulled off and of course leaves no glue. I found the foamcore is the best way to hold such small letters, the transfer tape sticks good to the foam, but the transfer tape releases from the acrylic without much resistance. I cut through the acrylic/plastic material ito the foamcore to ensure a clean cut out. I have cut 1/8" thick letters as small as .75" with a 1/16" upspiral bit using this setup. A lot of trouble per sheet? Maybe, but I do cut a ton of different letter styles, colors, laminates per year.

Dave