Thread: eCabinets/Shopbot Link For Sale

Default eCabinets/Shopbot Link For Sale

Selling the eCabinets/Shopbot Link to one lucky Shopbotter at a substantial discount from list price. Regularly $1295, now for a limited time (until somebody buys it :-), $1095.

Fully transferable, the Shopbot Link comes with a USB dongle registered with Thermwood. When purchased, I will notify Thermwood of the transfer.

ECabinet software is free from Thermwood (http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabi...opbot_link.htm) and with the Shopbot Link, turns your Shopbot into a CNC cabinet making factory. It is as good as it gets to go from "Screen to Machine" and the best value in the industry for the small cabinet shop. http://shopbottools.com/mProducts/ecabinets.htm

Put your Shopbot to work by designing and making cabinets for kitchens, baths, libraries, entertainment centers, lobbies, hotels, businesses, etc. It has never been easier!

PM or email: dandun360(at)gmail.com

Default Link to Thermwood eCabinet Systems

If you are not familiar with eCabinets, you can read all about it and register to download it here: http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabi...s_software.htm

Default Why are selling

Why are you selling and does anyone know if it will work with an older 2007 shopbot

My Shopbot is 2009 PRS Alpha 5x8 and it works fine.

You just need to be running the latest 3.6 version (or you can try the 3.8 versions) of the Shopbot control software for SBLink to work. You will also need a pretty powerful computer to run eCabs. It is a VERY resource hungry piece of software but VERY powerful.

One other thing I learned - when you are running a nest on a large job with SBLink on your CNC control computer, shut down Shopbot control software first. The SBLink does not time slice (not multi-process friendly) and the Shopbot control software will loose comms with your CNC. This is not a Shopbot issue, just a piece of software that never releases control when it's running.

ShopBot Link does have some bugs (tabs specifically) that we are trying to get Thermwood to fix. It worked at one point, then they put out a new release and it stopped working. Only necessary with small parts. But you can also use the skin pass method for small parts and avoid tabs altogether.

I've been using eCabs/SBLink since 2009 and it has made a big difference in my time to delivery. The parts are also perfect when they come off the CNC. Pretty much ready to assemble and have any edge banding applied.

If you end up getting it, check back to the forum and ask your questions. There is a learning curve. For eCabs, use the eCabs forum for SBLink use this forum. There are some little tricks that many of us here, using SBLink, have learned over the years. We can help you get up and running much faster then if you try and do it yourself in a vacuum. Don't bother to ask SBLink questions over on the eCabs forum.

For anyone serious about cabinetry, this is about the most cost effective computerized solution. There are many others, but BIG $$$$$$$.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Default ECabinets / Shopbot Link Price Reduction

ECabinets / Shopbot Link Price Reduction: $1000 plus any Paypal fees and FREE shipping! (Ok, it is a dongle, but free is free!)

Going...Going...

Don is absolutely correct with his comments. BTW, I am selling the Link because my business has taken a different direction.

Going...Going...

The eCabinets/SB Link was paid for by the first job and made many more profitable. However, you will need to get familiar with the system by taking time to make sample cabinets with cheap material and NOT on a deadline.

Going...Going...

You also won't believe the feeling of seeing the cabinets designed on your eCabinets screen being cut on your Shopbot. 32mm shelf, hinge and drawer holes cut exactly to size and in the right place faster than you can drill one hole manually.

Going...Going...

"For anyone serious about cabinetry, this is about the most cost effective computerized solution. There are many others, but BIG $$$$$$$. " -Don Thomson

Default Ecabinets on an older Shopbot.

Mine is a 2008 PRS Alpha 5x8 and it works fine.

Going, going, gone...Sold!