Thread: Just in general

Default Just in general

Without sounding corny. I am working on a project for a friends birthday present. And there were some issues that arose in the design, hold down, and cuts. Nothing that I could not handle. But most of the answers I learned here from so many of you. It made me grateful.

Pros, real pros who's livelihood revolves around these answers. Hobbyists, some who have even built machines from wood. Old timers and new timers. Folks no longer here. Even some judgmental folks on other forums.

No doubt my Gramps, a true shipwright, my grandmother, an awesome woodworker and my Dad, who let me screw up galacticly even when he knew it was coming. Gave me excellent foundation and some great troubleshooting skills. (And a vocabulary for every issue )

But my personal knowledge and experience on and off of this machine has been expanded so much by so many here who give and give. I want to say thank you.

I know sometimes I am a bit quick with a sample project. But I owe.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

Thumbs up

One of the best posts yet and creative too.

A very nice and appropriate post. Thank YOU, as well.

Monty

This forum is great.

Thanks everyone. I hope we all continue to pay it forward.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

It's hard to say Thank You enough, isn't it, Joe?
    There's few gifts greater than knowledge, and nothing more precious than one's time. We don't get much and it runs out long before we're ready. Despite that, everyone here shares their time and experience without expectation.

The Gentlemen here have taught me volumes. I use that knowledge to make things that make people smile.
    I can't think of a more fulfilling thing to do with my time, aside from trying to share back what I've learned.
    We are very fortunate to have such an exceptional group of people connected together through our machines. It's very rare, and a huge blessing.

Joe this forum truly is a house away from home and every problem we have thrown at it has been answered. It is a wonderful place of "giving". Cant imagine life without a Shopbot. For instance we are organising an Easter event and the Shopbot made 70 trophies, 25 games activities and a 100 or so momentoes. All to raise money for breast cancer. Now this would not have happened without the behind the scenes efforts of Brady who followed the 3D parts of this 12 month project from start to finish. How such a busy person can help us little people in Australia is truly humbling and heaven knows how we will ever repay him. The job below looks simple but believe me its a nightmare because of crazy weight tolerances etc. Sorry its upside down but we are in the bush! Anyway the bike wheel in the background could give you a laught. Its our auto painting device driven by an electric drill. Will post a pic of the finished sets. Ipads only allow one pic at a time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

The pic is one of the boxes one of the games sets goes in. Doing a CNC talk for the Mens Shed on Easter Saturday so might get some more Shopbot leads.
    Info on our festival is here if you are interested in what we get up toooooo down under!

http://www.stonethecrows.com.au
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer