Thread: What's the best way to grease the lower motor

Default What's the best way to grease the lower motor

I have been using a grease gun at gears and running flatten top routine in air mode to apply grease evenly. my problem is that getting grease under sacrificial boards is difficult.

any suggestions

my problem is that getting grease under sacrificial boards is difficult.

Why would you put grease under sacrificial boards?
    That sentence makes no sense
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I was envisioning a full table and someone trying to stuff grease between a layer of plywood and mdf......geez getting old and confused sucks!

You can go to the autoparts store and get one of those small greaseguns or oilcan that has a long neck and you pump a trigger like a spray bottle and that might help you reach where you need to get to. I have also used a toothbrush to reach places. The only problem after that is my toothpaste tasted a little different...

6700.........woo hoo
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Ryan I have a Buddy and know what you mean.......to get to the pinion gear iI need to take the powerstick off and I do that seldom.....but when I do I give it a good grease up and oil the felt pads and that's fine for quite some time for the amount of cutting I do. Every so often I stick a little on the rack (which I can get to) and run the table back and forth to its limits to spread it.....it's good enough.....

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

I just went over my buddy completely. Took off all the V roller caps and soaked the felts with oil. For grease, I run a small amount along the entire pinion, and then run the table (and carriage) back and forth several times, then wipe off the excess.

I find the Z rack the toughest to access - I put grease on there with a stick or the gun extension and run the spindle up and down several times.

The power stick rack I just get under the machine and suffer crouched down for a few minutes...