Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Pictures in Windows 8

Default Opening Pictures in Windows 8

I am new to this so if this isn't the right place then I apologize now. I upgraded to a new windows 8 laptop and now when I am on this forum I can't open the pictures. When I click on the picture I get the box with the circle progress bar moving and it never comes up, however if I "X" out of the window and click the picture again then it opens. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening now?

Ryan…
    That started for me several months back… As far as I know others with the same issue haven’t had any success solving it.
    I’m using IE 11 and compatibility view mode.
    SG

On my Win8 machine, I'm running Google Chrome and have had no trouble with pictures.

It seems an issue with the old doctype declaration on the forum site and browser detection. It has been reported in the vBulletin forums, also.

BTW, vBulletin is up to version 5 - this forum is version 3.8.4. There is a fix posted on the vBulletin forum, but maybe it's getting time for ShopBot to upgrade vBulletin?

Happens with IE 11. If you are using IE, then you either need to cycle through the images, then they will show from the cache, or simply click on the image window when the animation stops. It will then show the image on its own page. Of course you then need to go back top the previous page to get back to the forum.
    Ron Sloan

I had to follow these instructions on a windows tablet in order to view pictures on the shopbot forum pages.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/i...-view#ie=ie-11

I have a new windows 7 pro computer with IE 11. It does exactly what you are describing.

I tried turning on compatibility mode in IE 11, but it still doesn't work. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Maybe I'll try again after rebooting, even though it should work without it.

I still think they should upgrade the forum software, but there appears to be an easy fix for them by simply adding a line to the HEADINCLUDE template.

I think v3.8.4 was released in 2009 - pretty old for software!
    Ron Sloan

Ryan, I have the exact same problem as you, starting the instant I switched to Windows 8.1, with IE11. That was late last summer. I have actually gotten kind of used to doing lots of clicking. I suppose someday when this problem is rectified, I will be confused as I try to break my habit of doing so much clicking to view the SB pictures. Chuck
    Chuck Keysor (circa 1956)
    PRT Alpha 60" x 144" (circa 2004)
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

I have the same problem. Windows 7 / IE 11.
    Getting to be a pain!

Rik

Good news for iPad users though as the upside down picture bug seems to have been fixed at long last. Windows 8 in use now for two months as a control computer - seems to be bullet proof and start up is an amazing 31 seconds. Of course you do have to shed all that surface rubbish.
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer