Thread: Tabs in V-Carve

Default Tabs in V-Carve

Has anyone ever had a issue with V-Carve not recognizing tabs? I have a file that has a lot of big letters to be cut for a sign and want to hold them in place with tabs during the cut. I have around 40 tabs in the program but there are 4 that just wont calculate and wont show up in the preview. I have never had this issue until now. HELP?

Rob....I gather you have checked the tab dimensions? I had this happen to me because the size was either toooo small or toooo big and it just could not compute and knocked them off.......this happened to me a few times due to changing from metric to imperial or visa versa

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

It is only missing 4 out of 40,(36 tabs in the same toolpath are OK). I would think that if it were a size issue then it would miss all 40 of them? I have tried deleting and re-inserting new tabs at the locations but still no show... I am at a total loss of what to try next.

It's usually because there isn't enough room for the tabs with the vectors/tool combination in use.

Turn on the solid preview and see if the tool is reaching all the areas.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

I had trouble before when I placed tabs too close to a corner, especially 3-d-tabs are sometimes strange.

Do the tabs show in the simulation?

Default You could try...

When I have a problem like this where the majority is ok but not one or two...

is to separate those letters out of the whole and make tool paths just for those mostly to see if you get the same results. Having been a developer in a past life, sometimes if you slightly change the conditions even just slightly will result in what you expect...

SO if there is a long text string, break it up and realign then and try again

thx Bob