Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remote Pendant

Default X/Y Pendent Movement

Hi Adrain,

Can you make combined X/Y movement with the joystick or do you have to do them individually in SB3 software?

John

You can program it to 'send keys' / or \ to move XY simultaneously. (and +Alt & +Ctrl)

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Default Logitech F710

Hi,

I won an E-Bay auction last night for a Logitech F710 Wireless controller. Hopefully, I will get it next week and see how it works.

John

Default Mapping of Joysticks on Logitech F710 Controller

Hi,

I finally received my Logitech F710 Controller.

I have been able to assign keystrokes to buttons i.e. K on the controller and even make commands that involve multiply keystrokes i.e. C3 with no problem.

I don't quite understand how to assign the (already recorded) up-down, left-right arrow keys to the right joy stick for X and Y movements and assign the page-up, page-down (already recorded) keystrokes to the left joy stock for Z Axis movement.

Any input or links that show how this is done would be appreciated. Any samples i.e. screen shorts of items any of you have programmed into your controllers would also re appreciated.

John

Found this on line and have used it many time with out problems from my android phone. It is also available for IPhone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ting.ShopBotIC

I like it and it was only $3.99.

Here is a youtube video to give some insight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTsxcGiSaGY

@Terry,

I have the Android App, and it seems pretty flaky to me - of course, that might just be my wireless network, though everything else works, ok.

@John,

It's been awhile - let me dig up the programming manual, or just Google it. I'll let you know what I remember!
    Ron Sloan

Default Logitech F710 Programming

Hi Guys,

First thanks for your valued input.

I am trying to program the D Pad on the left side of the controller for X and Y table movement utilizing Key Assignments and POV commands.

I have attached a few pictures to show you what I am doing. Am I on the right track?

My goal would be to make single moves or combined X & Y moves depending on the direction the D Pad is pushed.

I have attached a couple of screenshots so you can see what I have done.

Not close to router at this time. Will visit my friends shop today and load these Key and POV Assignments.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

N, S, E and W need to be associated with the relevant cursor key.

NW would be Alt \, NE /, SW Alt / and SE \

There's a keyboard shortcut PDF on the SB3 help menu which is invaluable when setting one of these up.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

Default Programming Logitech F710 Controller

Hi Adrainm.

Thanks for the tip on Diagonal Axis Movement. Now I see what Brady was talking about.

I just tried your suggestion. The SE and NE worked fine. The NW and SW that utilized the Alt Key and the \ or / keys. I tried entering a command with alt Key and the / or \ Key and that didn't work. Then I tried the recording Holding down the Alt key and they pressing the / or \ key. That didn't work either.

Also, I would like be able to close the K dialog box. I was told the ESC key would do it. When I try to record the ESC key it doesn't work. Is there some type of key combination that will allow this to work?

On the success side of the story, I get excellent results on the SE, NE, N, S, E and W commands. I am also able to toggle the jog speed button on the K dialog box and toggle to fixed distance if needed.

If anyone has any ideas how to program Alt / for SW movement and Alt \ for NW movement and the ESC key please let me know.

John

There are two ways of assigning keystrokes to a button. One is as a single keypress and one is as a series of recorded keystrokes. Can't remember which it is but only one works with special keys such as Esc.

With the alt, ctrl and shift keys I assigned those as buttons on the back of the controller rather than embedding them as part of a sequence. I then held them down while performing the other action on the pad etc. Handy for switching between move and jog with ctrl.

I never bothered with programming the diagonal movements as my alpha jogs so fast there was little point.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/