Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V-Carve Pro patch crashed my PC?

Default V-Carve Pro patch crashed my PC?

I tried to install the latest V-Carve Pro patch to my Shop Bot's PC and it crashed it. I get an error message that MSVCP100.dll file is not found. I searched for that file on my office PC but can't find it to copy to my shop PC. I reloaded the patch 3 times and each time get this error message:
    Software not found on your system. Reinstall V-Carve Pro then run patch again.

My office PC has V-Carve Pro - Shop Bot Edition Version 7.508 (Build 1908.1474.152) Built March 12, 2014. I don't know what version my shop PC has since it won't open now???

Open to any ideas.

Got the same thing with my control computer, it couldn't find the Shopbot edition. Don't want to hook control computer to net. Laptop hooked to internet ate 7.510 fine, but design computer doesn't, either by thumbdrive or internet auto install. I get a visualC++ error on design computer auto install, and just a search and not found with that re install message. I've tried installing directly from thumbdrive/from C/ and from copying to VCarvePro. Wasn't going to say anything as I'm computer challenged, but....
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Try downloading the Microsoft VC++ redistributable file (don't have a link at the moment) I think VCarve still uses the 2005 version. Manually install it then run the VCarve install.
    Ron Sloan

Thanks Ron, Did that , downloaded 3? that seemed to apply and always told me I had the most recent version, but possibly corrupted by virus I had on design computer. May try to restore to earlier time but hate that. Will try again thanks.
    scott P.
    Maine

Hi,

The online Help - Check For Updates should work with the ShopBot edition of VCarve Pro, as it downloads a ShopBot Edition specific patch automatically.

However, the download for the patch from the program updates page on Vectric.com is for standard VCarve Pro only - the ShopBot version is a different executable and hence can't be updated by the standard VCarve Pro patch program which is why it displays the message that the software wasn't found.

A copy of the VCarve Pro - ShopBot Edition patch executable was sent to ShopBot, I'm not sure if it is available for download from the ShopBot site.

On a slightly different topic, some people expect that 'Help - Check for Updates' will update V6.x (or earlier) to V7. This is not the case, the update mechanism only updates to the latest minor version of the major version that you are licensed for.

Brian

Thanks Brian, I'll e-mail Shopbot and see if I can get the Shopbot edition 7.510.exe posted. May have to hook control computer to net for first time to do auto but hate that as it's stripped down and helpless. VC++ 2010 REDISTRIBUTABLE manually reinstalled, but still getting runtime error, but that's my problem I think. Downloaded both 2005vcredist_x86.exe and vcedist_x86.exe and tried to execute both, but both wouldn't install as a newer version was detected. That's the limits of my computer skills.
    This is what I get on design computer when I try to auto install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    Maine

Default V-Carve Pro ShopBot Edition Update

FYI: my control computer is also very stripped down and black vipered to the max and is hooked up to the office network and the internet. The office router is firewalled.
    The ONLY internet location I go to is SB's update site when I need to. Have not had an issue in 10 years.

Thank you Dianne, Nancy, and Scott! Downloading. Thanks for info Dave but basically computer challenged and a very personal grudge with a "black hat hacker" has caused me untold woe for several years and I don't want to give him a foot in the door with something as important as the Desktop.
    scott P.
    Maine