Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC Pattern Making

Default CNC Pattern Making

This is one scarey clip safety wise unless I'm over cautious!

http://youtu.be/v470cY9SxNw
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

That was the most fun video I've seen in a long time. You're right, everything he did looks dangerous.

His wife is something special. Not many wives would pitch in the way she did. Well, perhaps Shopbot's Nancy would pitch-in.

Wow, keep this guy away from a CNC
    I don't always indulge in evil scientific research...but when i do. I make the parts on a ShopBot.

Let alone half of the other things he's doing in his shop. I'm surprised he has all fingers let alone still alive.
    I don't always indulge in evil scientific research...but when i do. I make the parts on a ShopBot.

Looks to me he's a jack of all trades. The main thing is he's dedicated and working hard. I'm going to see if I can get in touch to find out what else he's into.

CNC work isn't so risky. And you don't need lots of fancy software to make a living with one. 99% of my work is done with a simple 2.5D program. Lets see what else he does.

Well it didn't take long to find out what they are all about. Their website tell it all. http://svseeker.com/patio.htm

I'm proud of these folks and wish they lived close. They're in love with life and each other, it shows. They aren't timid or scared to jump right in a project and "Get Her Done".

On their website are lots of photo's of injuries. I'm so glad we have people in this country with the pioneer spirit. I'd marry a gal like this. No more foofoo, expensive, women for me. Mike Jackson told one if he ever got married she would have to be a sign gal. Then along came Darla. Twenty years with a beautiful, talented wife.

Quote Originally Posted by CNYDWW View Post
    Wow, keep this guy away from a CNC
    naw...that guy is great

i need to send him one of my shirts...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vector Studio 22

Who says cnc isn't dangerous? I seem to remember a guy (Harry?) who got his hand stuck to his cnc via his vacumn
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Jack,

That's me who says CNC work is safe. About the worst thing that can happen is breathing too much dust. Or an angry customer.

It's real, real safe.

I was being sarcastic
    A long time ago i believe Harry Ball turned his vacumn on and got his fingers stuck under some material, which when i think of it is still funny

I gave up woodturning because among other things it was too dangerous to me and so the bot is way safer because you're normally far away from the cutting at all times.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson