Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Choo choo

Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    I keep trying to use my mouse to zoom/rotate the model in the forum image.
    I did too!
    It's coming along beautifully, Joe!
    Ron Sloan

"I keep trying to use my mouse to zoom/rotate the model in the forum image."

Good to hear that I am not alone in trying that!

Hey Jack! Which one of those guys is you in that picture?

Mike

i'm the one in the middle....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Joe, Didn't try to do it on your pic, BUT constantly try to do it when TJ gives classes Coming along very nice indeed! Can picture in Mind's eye coming out of a tunnel in the Rockies! How is Aspire at doing perspective? Good work.
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Joe, Didn't try to do it on your pic, BUT constantly try to do it when TJ gives classes Coming along very nice indeed! Can picture in Mind's eye coming out of a tunnel in the Rockies! How is Aspire at doing perspective? Good work.
    Thanks, Perspective can be done for sure. The thing is you have to pick the perspective you want in the beginning and be aware of the draft between the work you want the viewer to see and the back of the wood/metal/plastic. For example a handrail will look like a shelf rather than a tube protruding, traversing, and re-entering. So the choices are to undercut by hand post CNC or leave it and allow the eye to 'infer details' like its a handrail not a shelf.

You can 'tilt' and fade the relief components to some degree. Which modifies the appearance of the shelf we were talking about before. But you will always be tricking the eye to some extent. If you design the relief from a 3/4 perspective it will have a 3/4 perspective. It is after all only a relief and not an actual 3D model.

Hope this helps.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

Yes it does Joe. Thanks. Just wondering how much Aspire did for you compared to the warping we do in VCP to get perspective in 2D.
    scott P.
    Maine

I had some time to work on this today.
    This is a new set of trucks for one of the cars.
    The rail is a quick throw away for aesthetics.

Model is 23" x 8".
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

The truck looks good, just need to lighten up a little on the wheel flange. Russ

AKA: Da Train Guy

oh man Russ is that one of your models you made on your bot?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Jack, If so, Then I acknowledge Russ as the master of the blue foam/paint brush universe. Russ, How about a pic of you holding it above your head with one hand?
    scott P.
    Maine