Thread: Spindle won't spin

Exclamation Spindle won't spin

I have a newer PRS Standard (3.8.14) with spindle running Vectric Aspire (4.510). First time this has happened.

After loading a cut file that worked fine yesterday (created in Aspire and saved with same post-processor I've been using), the gantry moves but spindle stays off. The interlock key is still on. The spindle warm-up routine works fine - spindle spins. I've restarted, rebooted.

I attached a screen shot of the messages - something about "check to see software is set to standard" and "Set program to absolute coordinate mode"

Obviously, I've hit a button, moved something, deleted something. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chris, I thought for sure somebody would have jumped on this already, Not at my Desktop and not good at code, but thought it might have been the hyphen but that wasn't it. Did a couple searches and learned a bit but didn't find anything exactly like yours. I'd probably pick up the phone and call support if you haven't already. Good luck. Hope they get you straightened out fast.
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Chris, the message you see there is just the comments in the part file itself. Those comments are always generated by the post processor. Is that an overlay of a few screen shots in one? You shouldn't have that combination all at once, and that comment screen is different than what I've seen before. You can turn that off with VD if you want. Maybe it's a different screen that you have brought up. ?

On the spindle, can you toggle on output 1 (click on it or alt-1) and when you open the keypad do you get the prompt to start and can you start it?

I'd like to see the rest of that file, I don't see a SO,1,1 after the TR,12000. Could you have inadvertently chose a different post that doesn't control the spindle (shouldn't have the TR then though)?
    Scott

That one window was bugging me, couldn't see why that one was showing. Are you attempting to run that file with FG instead of with FP/Cut Part button? You shouldn't get that window with FP/Cut Part.
    Scott

Guys, thanks for the help -- some day I hope to pay it forward. Got home late tonight. Stupid day job. I'll work through the suggestions/questions tomorrow evening. My screen shot is a couple of windows -- each prompted by a different button or hyperlink. Again, thank you.

Default Spindle is spinning again

I believe this is what happened. I added a new bit to the Tool Database in Vectric's Aspire. To avoid conflicts, I assigned a high Tool Number -- No. 20, I think. While stumbling around and comparing older files, I noticed the high number. Some time ago, I got a error window after numbering all of my bits sequentially; the program didn't like the high numbers. Tonight, I saw the high value, so I changed the Tool Number to a lower value, and everything seems to be working. I'm still not sure that was the problem, but so far so good.

Again, thanks to all who tried to help. Your assistance is truly appreciated. Have a good evening.

Chris

Hi Chris,

That's because of the reserved tool numbers ShopBot uses. Here's a list:

Head 1 (Z) tools are #1...#19
    Head 2 (A) tools are #21...#29 (Only used if you have a 2nd Z)
    Drill 1 (Z) tools are #31...#39 (Only used if you have an air drill)
    Drill 2 (Z) tools are #41...#49 "
    Drill 3 (A) tools are #51...#59 "
    Drill 4 (A) tools are #61...#69 "

Hope this helps!
    Ron Sloan