Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IWF Atlanta 2014!

Jim and Mark - will try and meet up. Jim if you want, PM me your cell # and I can send you mine.

I will not be in Atlanta for the show but I am here right now (on our annual summer road trip). On our quest for some good food we made it to the Virginia Highlands neighborhood and stumbled onto the Highland Woodworking store. What a fabulous place. I could spend a fortune there if I had it. That is to Rockler like a fashion boutique compared to Walmart. I live in L.A. but don't think we have a place like that. If you live in Atlanta you probably know this store but I was impressed.

G,
    If you make it up to central virginia i'm in charlottesville. Lots of historical stuff here, Monticello, thomas jeffersons home, university of va, ect
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    G,
    If you make it up to central virginia i'm in charlottesville. Lots of historical stuff here, Monticello, thomas jeffersons home, university of va, ect
    Well, that may be the next vacation. This time we do a loop from Nashville through TN, GA, SC, NC, KY and back. We may touch the west-most sliver of Virginia at the Cumberland Gap, though. Was thinking of visiting Eugene King but turned out he is in Pikesville, not Pinesville, KY and that is a bit out of our way. But as he wrote in another post he is preparing for a show that day, anyway.

So far pretty good trip. I expected hot and humid weather but it is a little worse than I thought. I promise not to complain about California summer heat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardt View Post
    So far pretty good trip. I expected hot and humid weather but it is a little worse than I thought. I promise not to complain about California summer heat again.
    Really not been that bad a summer so far here in NC, but I'd advise getting out of here before the end of July and August rolls around, thats when the heat and humidity really get going.

I'll be there for sure, not sure which day(s) yet. I'm generally easy to spot, blue shirt, Habitat For Bats logo on it, probably be wearing my black cowboy hat, being chased by security... oh, that was last time, I'll try to avoid that this time.

Sorry I've been out of touch. I'll be hosting another informal get-together at our new shop and showroom Wed evening August 20 from about 7-9PM. Andrew maybe you can change your reservation? That would be very unfortunate if you would have to miss it but I have other events to attend the other nights of the show.

Please send me an email if you think you can make it and I will send out details as we get a little closer. We have a new address, which you may or may not find by searching, so make sure to get the official address and directions by letting me know you are coming.
    David Buchsbaum
    Beacon Custom Woodwork, Inc.
    dba Atlanta Closet & Storage Solutions
    404-309-9146
    david@atlantacloset.com

atlantacloset.com
    beaconcustomwoodwork.com

Quote Originally Posted by beacon14 View Post
    Sorry I've been out of touch. I'll be hosting another informal get-together at our new shop and showroom Wed evening August 20 from about 7-9PM. Andrew maybe you can change your reservation? That would be very unfortunate if you would have to miss it but I have other events to attend the other nights of the show.

Please send me an email if you think you can make it and I will send out details as we get a little closer. We have a new address, which you may or may not find by searching, so make sure to get the official address and directions by letting me know you are coming.
    David,
    I'm currently on holidays, camping without email or internet (just irregular phone connection) But I'll check when I return if I can change my flight to Wednesday and stay one more day. My wife is ok with it. But she'll be 3 weeks before due date and I don't want to push my luck

I'll be in touch. Would love to see your shop. Then I could also sign up for Jim McGrews talk Wednesday afternoon as well.

The offer is still open to anyone who might be in the Atlanta area next Wed evening, Aug 20. In fact, it's gotten a little sweeter, CabinetVision has offered to treat everyone to a BBQ dinner from Shane's Rib Shack.

So if you will be in or near Atl next week, come hungry, but please do let me know if you are coming so we can make sure to have enough for everyone.

Feel free to text or leave a message if it looks like you can make it. 404 309-9146
    David Buchsbaum
    Beacon Custom Woodwork, Inc.
    dba Atlanta Closet & Storage Solutions
    404-309-9146
    david@atlantacloset.com

atlantacloset.com
    beaconcustomwoodwork.com

Default Iwf

We will be in Atlanta - so looking forward to it - if we can we may stop in for a rib, I will confirm with text and to get address. Thanks