Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: project hold downs

Default aspire 3.5

Yeah that jump in price will make anyones heart skip a beat. But once i bit the bullet and upgraded i have not looked back. Upgrading to 4.5 for me doesnt make sense. 3.5 does everything that i want. With aspire it is easier to control the depth of cut of a project. 3-d is time consuming. my longest finishing cut was around 20 hours. with aspire you can also blend individual pieces of artwork together to cut as one. This was my first project in 3-d and i blended about 6 pieces of art together. Its got one flaw in it but i wont point that out, but it was a learning curve for me.

I thought that i knew computers when i started with this but the truth is i didnt. I have learned a lot from people on here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rick, Love that last piece, and I know I'm insufficiently caffeinated, BUT I couldn't spot the "Mistake". Great work.
    Jeff, I don't Know about Aspire,but VCarvePro"Shopbot edition" they SAY we get free upgrades forever. Can anybody tell me if they had to pay for an upgrade to 7 when they changed from version 6.- . Does it work the same for Aspire? Is the Aspire You buy from Shopbot a "Shopbot Edition" with only the Shopbot PP's? I know Brian on Vectric forum said people had to pay for upgrade from 6 to 7, and will have to pay for upgrade to 8 when it comes out. Want to wait for Aspire 5 to come out if that's the case before we upgrade. Thanks all.
    Jeff, Sounds like you are "hooked" indeed Computer illiterate here also. Couldn't do it at all without VCP and forum.
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Default Aspire

This was the case when i upgraded to Aspire 3.5. If you buy the software through shopbot you get a reduced price taking into consideration the software that you have already bought. So make sure you go through Shopbot. Also i do believe that you get updates for free for aspire for one year from the date of purchase, but verify that. And you get a whole list of post processors so you need to know the one that you are working with so that you can pick the right one from the list

Oh and the flaw. I did a pocket cut above the mountains instead of adding clouds.

With VCP "shopbot edition" we only got 2 PP's inch and metric, So think Aspire sold by Shopbot must be the full version and not a "Shopbot Edition" so Vectric rules on upgrades apply. Nice to get a credit for software you already have.
    Rick, No wonder It's hard to find something that's not there.
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Rick , Scott , thanks for the info and your input this forum has been really helpful so far. And I have to pay for upgrades since I inherited my machine shopbot said sorry 200.00 an upgrade. Now that were settled in to the new house and my shop isnup and running I'am going to upgrade soon . New roof first you now how that goes. thanks again

Jeff, you might want to check Vectric's website and deal with them direct. They say the up-grade price for V-Carve Pro is $150....joe

Thanks Joe I'll check on that