Hello all,
I am very close to pulling the trigger on a new Shopbot. I plan on using it partly for a small side business and partly for hobby/fun use. On the business side, I will in no way rely on income from the side business for family/living expenses. It will be only for additional income, play money, pay for tools, add to retirement funds etc. My goal is to generate around $15,000 to $20,000 per year net income minimum. I dont expect this in the first year or two, but by year three and beyond, that will be my minimum profit goal. I am still learning some of the possible products I want to offer, but Im looking at the signs, crafts, carvings, etc, and maybe some CNC services to other businesses. This is the weak point of my plan as I am still learing the realistic possibilites. Hence my question here on this great forum. Are my goals realistic and, with dilligent work and attention, easly obtainable? I should also note that I alrady have a "very small" side businees building outdoor and kid furniture now. This Shopbot idea was born from my desire to add some unique and custom engravings to the furniture. From there my imagination grew. Anyway, any sage advice from all you pros would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff.

PS, I was able to visit one of the great forum members for a chance to see the Shopbot in action. Tom Byerlee. Thanks again Tom. It was great speaking with you and your advice on the machine was very helpful.