Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dovetails

Nope Jack, Desktop frame extends(about)3" beyond extrusions and extrusion goes beyon cutting area. Not sure if doable even if you removed an extrusion because the Y-screw is underneath(Bob D, Brady?).
    Am rethinking TailMaker now that I have more Z though.
    Dissecting an inlay, got to run.
    Sorry no help.
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Default Desk top

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/att...9&d=1397089480 The DT has some room on the left side that goes through (about 10") You need to remove aluminum extrusion to do this ,, in the middle you have the Y lead screw and right side there is wires , Hope this helps

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ArtCam Pro 9
    VCarve Pro 8

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    So let me ask, has anybody made any dovetails with it yet? Any pictures you can post?
    Someone just posted a pic on my user forum of a double dovetail (Incra type) they did today.

There's a little bit of a learning curve, and the issue of fabricating a mounting fixture, so I suspect that it might be a little bit before more pictures appear.

Gerry I can't seem to login i've tried a couple different emails/password combos because naturally i didn't think to write it down. I had it send me a new password to try it and that didn't work either....

I wanted to ask Johnb (the poster) if he had any pictures of his vertical holddown vise? Those dovetails looked great!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Has anyone set this up on a shopbot yet? If so I could use some tips on
    The configuration option in software. And a jig for shopbot table I have a 4x8

You mainly just want to check the shopbot .sbp option, and the "Start Spindle" and "M2 Yes/No (ShopBot End)" boxes. These should get you the proper code to run on a ShopBot. And you also probably want to check "Include Tool and Material Comments".

The General Settings on the right are more specific to your setup. If you are mounting your boards on the end of the table, then you want to check the Y axis button. If you have a jig that holds two boards, the "Machine Width" is the distance between the outside edges of the two boards.

I've never used a Shopbot, but I can try to answer any specific questions you might have.

In addition to both half blind and through dovetails, JointCAM can now create code for both standard box joints, and a rounded box joint. An unlimited amount of variations are possible with each joint. The variable width examples shown are created automatically, and only take a few seconds to create.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that a upgrade or addon or a newer version we need to download?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

It's a new updated version that you can download.

I know a few of you have had issues with the JointCAM interface, due to the use of large font settings in Windows.
    I've uploaded a new test version that now scales all of the controls to the window size, allowing you to make the window bigger to fit everything. I've only changed the Config and round box joint sections, but I'd appreciate any feedback on it.
    I'll be moving forward on redesigning the entire interface. The scaling issue will only become more common as more people move to higher resolution displays, which often require larger font sizes to make text legible.