Thread: New Desktop owner with question

Default New Desktop owner with question

Hello all. Been a lurker here for a while, and was finally able to get a Desktop and it was delivered today. (woo hoo!) I have it set up and have run the programs to rabbit and level the spoilboard. From the videos I have been watching, I thought that there was an alarm that sounded just before the machine started to move? There is no sound with mine. Is there something wrong or maybe they did away with the sound?

Thanks!

Welcome Dick,

There's an alarm sound that is played through the PC speakers. If you have a desktop PC, plug a set of PC speakers into the speaker jack on the back of the PC. If you have a laptop, turn on the speakers.

If you have a favorite sound or one that is even more annoying, you can use a different sound file.
    Scott

Welcome Dick, Kinda cool and spooky at the same time Yep Scott is right, we got a monitor with a speaker for mine and I got used to it. When Kirk got his he hooked it up to speakers! And when I went up to get him all connected, it almost blew my socks off Original sound is great because almost everyone knows "Something is about to happen!"
    Wasn't very long ago Kirk and I were in the same boat (so we remember Very well), so ask questions here so others can learn and look it up, OR feel free to e-mail me as I've done it twice now. I think I personally asked all the Stupid questions, but please feel free to be original
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Oh. Dick, Did you get spindle or router? Not sure it makes a difference in the dust foot, but I just sent Shopbot a note on cracks starting in the dustfoot, and Dave's advice about the gel CA might save you a 24 hour "Goop" curing time. Look at about #14 as I just sent it to Dianne Weds. and she forwarded to the appropriate assembler. 3 cracks I know of and Kirks vac inlet cracked completely off after 2 months and he was down for 24 hrs. Just mentioning. 5.5" Z ---Still Jealoushttp://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19894
    scott P.
    Maine

Thanks! I had it in my head that the sound came from the Shopbot itself. Once I turned on my speakers, there it was.

I have the spindle. Thanks for pointing me to the thread about the cracks in the dustfoot. That's a little disappointing. I'll look into adding some CA around the problem areas.

Dick, There is ALL WAYS room for improvement, They could make it out of titanium and it could be improved! Dianne said she was passing it on to the person doing assembly, and you better believe the next one out will have too Much solvent. Mine is only 9 months old and they added 1.5"Z and a few other improvements. I'm positive they are improving and working on customers comments. I've Seen it happen in a week.
    My Dad is 86 and is EE and ME for multi nationals as well as small companies like GTE. He has NEVER seen a company as committed to improvement as Shopbot
    scott P.
    Maine