Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Koicaster guitar

Thanks for the info Scott. I guess if I have the time a trip to Durham to see the machine in action may be in order.

Thanks again,
    Tom and Judy Maier

Tom, Welcome to stop by if you're ever in the area as I cut Yowah,Black Gate,Koroit, and some Lightning Ridge opal here(as well as anything I get the urge to. Never got into the metal side and would love to pick your wife's brain.
    Is your wife going to get to bring along her workbench?
    Maybe start a thread with title more pertaining to travel with the machine will get more opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Dave, was it you that was cutting mold wax with the "Bot?
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Hey Scott,

We will probably make a trip up that way but we have too many chores to handle for the next 6 months to a year before we can get on the road. Yes, my wife will be traveling with her jewelry setup also. We will definitely look you up when we go that way.....hopefully in the not so far off future.

Thanks,
    Tom and Judy Maier

Thanks for the info Andrew.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the info. The Shopbot I had was full size PRT. I may get another big one when and if we decide where to settle down next. For the near future my home will have to be on wheels though.

Thanks,
    Tom and Judy

Hey Dave,

I have drawn and sculpted the Gator and my wife has made him in silver and gold jewelry. We used to sell our stuff to the Hub bookstore on campus in Gainesville. Since I like anything that crawls with scales (snakes, turtles, lizards, gators and dragons) I had fun working on all of our Albert the Gator projects. Are you planning on doing another Shopbot Bootcamp anytime soon? My wife and I will be going down to Yankeetown, FL to finish up a house and put on the market. We may call Yankeetown our home until we get everything ready for the road and that may take us a year.

I am looking forward to another interesting season in the SEC. Of course, that school up the road from Yankeetown will probably want to try and win it all.....again.

Scott:

I haven't cut wax with it but I believe Bill Y was doing some of that in early demo days.

Tom: Not sure about whether I'll be doing an SB camp again. The last one was at a more northern venue (they should move around occasionally in a state like Florida) and since Bill P was "asked" to retire SB has favored holding them at more educationally oriented venues like Fablabs.

Yankeetown, huh? I used to live in Brooksville for a while a long time ago and loved the area.