Thread: 3D scanning for Ipad

Default 3D scanning for Ipad

I first thought the way forward was with the kinect although this seems to be pretty good.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Free...iPad/?ALLSTEPS

JAMES MCGREW...
    in your previous post you showed some scans with your new scanner and you may want to check out some of the ipad apps for scanning that may be better read down in this link...
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Into...ng-Scenes-101/
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Jack,
    I thought you said you had a Konica Minolta and Inspeck 3D camera...Why would you want low end junk that relies on an iPad with horrible scan resolution?

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I get weekly emails from instructables and when i see something interesting i like to post it. Depending on the situation it may be easier to take an ipad to copy some moulding that can't be removed because my setup is about the size of a tower computer, and a tripod and laptop and it is ancient by todays standards. It uses SCSI connections. I thought this might be an entry level setup for some here.

I used to use monster betacams on my steadicam for television and the technology in an iphone camera is better then those were years ago.
    I was continuing Jim McGrews post of scanners and wanted him to see some of the processing software.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson