Thread: Software and Dust collection

Default Software and Dust collection

I got a new computer a few months ago and installed the older software (3.6.46) for my Desktop with spindle because I'm not a great computer expert so thought I'd avoid any unknown problems with newer. The software despite being uninstalled and re-installed several times has never shown up with the zeroing icons on the red Position bar. I did discuss with Shopbot but realised that the icons were on the Shopbot console and as always had to get some work done so proceeded with it as is. However, I also cannot get the yellow box in the console to take any typed input. So, all went well for a while but now my X,Y axis are acting up. I'm thinking of trying the 3.8.14 version.
    Any comments on the lack of icons or the use of the newer software.
    Thanks.
    Also, I'm planning to build a plexiglas surround for my dust collection system as I don't like the lack of visibility with the spindle mounted piece. Anyone have something like this? I've seen Shopbot use one but can't find it.
    Thanks again.

ktenia, We've been running 3.8.14 on both Desktops since it came out, and except for comm issues caused by our hardware are quite happy now. And few glitches(ran some protos for the last few days and had many "pause/Resumes" with no problems that were giving me fits before).
    For enclosure- Did you mean the mini-enclosure in this pic? Kirks Desktop has it and it works very well(He's at a weeklong Maine Woodcarvers Fair and took the Desktop with him-very safe).
    If so call Dianne in sales soon as she goes on vacation Friday(Guess which state is "Vacationland"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Thanks Scott. I did download the more recent software and it does have the icons - hooray! However, seems that I need a new X driver which I'll be installing as soon as I get instructions. I must watch TJ's video on resuming or restarting a cut file when interrupted. Thanks also for the pics for safety. Cute crowd in the first one. I'm really looking at a more complete enclosure so that I can hook up a dust collection system which I believe would not interfere with a vacuum hold down system. It will also act as protection for the machine from other shop activities!! I've seen something but a very heavy duty version on 2 desktops for sale. Thanks again. Any praying for my driver installation appreciated!

Have you checked out Chris's? Always impressed the heck out of me
    Might give you an idea or three? I've always wondered if those hanging plastic strips like car washes and truck bays use to keep the heat in might work, especially as I just started tiling more. Probably wind up with vertically hinged plexi shields with magnetic catches on my box eventually.
    Good luck with driver.
    Would you mind posting pics of your vac hold down set-up? One of my next logical projects(which means I might get to it THIS year
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...hine+enclosure
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine