Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my own kitchen

Looks great. How about some whole kitchen shots.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by phil_o View Post
    Looks great. How about some whole kitchen shots.

Phil
    Its very hard to take a decent shot as the house is made up of small rooms. The pantry cabinet are directly inside the side entrance (the main one we use) and I incorporated a seating section as we had enough cabinets for our dry goods.

There are hooks to hang some coats and hats on the back panel. I finally have a place to sit down to put my shoes & boots on!

The main kitchen is just inside the side entrance - which is open to our fairly large dining area on one side and the living room off to the right of the fridge.

The counters are Formica solid surfacing (used to be called Surell) which is a great upgrade from our previous HPL. I especially like having an undermount sink.

There was a hole in the wall where the previous owners had a television, off to the left of the oven. I put a cabinet there as we have no use for a tv in the kitchen.

Seating can be off the end of the "island" or where the dog dishes and food are... but we have always had the dog stuff in that area and I dont want to mess up Gibson's routine now.

Its a simple kitchen, simple design and layout but it suits us fine. The only way to get a better layout was to renovate/move walls and we dont plan to live here for too many more years. So investing that kind of $$ wasnt a really good option IMO.

Also, the end of the Island closest to my son is our dishwasher. The the sink unit, and then the blind corner. I used a Magic Corner II - very slick pc of hardware. The door opens, then you pull our a set of wire basket/trays that in turn pulls out a second set from the blind area of the corner. They can also slide out on full extension slides.

Its one of the neatest (but more pricey) pcs of hardware for corner base units today. But it is very slick.

Takes a little tweaking to use with inset doors but you can make it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0VanYBkimI

Andrew: supper nice Web. I think that will help boost your company's sales.
    Beautiful work, I'm jealous, wish I could do that quality of work.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Andrew,
    I think that its only fair that the Gov. pays 3/4 of the setup cost of your website. After all they will tax you 3/4 of what you make.......

Very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajcoholic View Post
    Michael, in North America, the face frame style cabinet was always the way thigns were done, until the European frameless style of cabinet started to take root in the 80's. At least that is when it became popular here. I remember my father starting to do frameless melamine cabinetry in my teenage years (mid 80's).
    Yep agree with what you say.....face frame is more elegant and what I would do for myself. As my cabinet maker buddy said, customers in the main (general public mind you not the wealthy) here won't pay any more than they have to and so the euro style with overlayed doors and drawers have become entrenched.....he churns out melamine frameless cabinets continuously.....it's were the money is.....for him anyway.

I remember pulling out a kitchen from an old sixties house I was renovating and the cabinets had face frames....interestingly the measurements were in imperial. Australia metricated mid sixties and I think with that the Euro style of cabinetry!!!

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table