Thread: Website Designer-- experiences needed!

Default Website Designer-- experiences needed!

We've gotten to the point where we NEED a website-And Dad and I are hopeless at this sort of thing
    Really afraid of not getting what we need and getting ripped off as it's Dads retirement money. Not afraid of spending money for value delivered, but need somebody to walk Newbie's through the maze and we don't even know the questions to ask, as Dad is going to have to do this.
    Anybody have someone they can recommend(and we can trust?)?
    Totally illiterate on terms/needs/expansion options so talk baby-talk please.
    Any and all suggestions/links/advice welcome!
    Thanks People,
    Scott
    I Like Andrew's, but may be beyond our reach? Small stuff-may be Etsy type of thing with small batch stuff. It would need to be easily changed-- Is that possible?
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

hello Scott my name is Karl. I am friends with and we go to churc togethrr. i am a software engineer with 10 plus years of web experience. i would be happy to talk about your requirements please call me at 386-965-1960

Thank you for the great offer Karl. Following several leads people have E-mailed and PM'd. Kirk and Dad will start wading through it tomorrow most likely.
    Now we have several start points at least.
    Thanks for all the personal responses everyone!
    Scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    We've gotten to the point where we NEED a website-And Dad and I are hopeless at this sort of thing
    Really afraid of not getting what we need and getting ripped off as it's Dads retirement money. Not afraid of spending money for value delivered, but need somebody to walk Newbie's through the maze and we don't even know the questions to ask, as Dad is going to have to do this.
    Anybody have someone they can recommend(and we can trust?)?
    Totally illiterate on terms/needs/expansion options so talk baby-talk please.
    Any and all suggestions/links/advice welcome!
    Thanks People,
    Scott
    I Like Andrew's, but may be beyond our reach? Small stuff-may be Etsy type of thing with small batch stuff. It would need to be easily changed-- Is that possible?
    Scott,
    I was lucky, I would never have been able to build my own - and paying for something professionally done isnt cheap. I was able to apply and get accepted for a program (by our provincial government) to assist small established businesses without a current web presence - providing 3/4 of the funds. Perhaps there is something in your state to help out? Never hurts to ask your local politician's office.

AJC

You might look at Weebly.com. It's fairly easy to use and you can make a decent free site quickly.

I set this website up for www.gabats.org using weebly free. What you see there took me about 20 minutes having never seen weebly before. Granted I'm not a novice, but the interface is all graphic drag and drop. They also have tutorials. With some playing about you should be able to get something up with a contact form etc...

/RB

Harry and Andrew, Thanks for the help Added Weebly, Not holding my breath for politicians, but will search state programs a bit.
    scott P.
    Maine